Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Man those grocery store prices are high.

Yeah, shrimp here depends on the count per lb. on what you'll pay for it. I like my shrimp at about an ounce each. That is closer to $10 a lb. here.

I just grilled a couple of walmart angus burgers on my George Foreman grill, 8 dollars for a 4 pack so for 4 dollars and change for the buns I had 2 big burgers, that and I make a lot of chicken sandwiches. I need to use the cheaper canned chicken and make rice which is cheap. My worst expense is my fizz water, 6.98 for an 8 pack and I can drink an 8 pack every day..... that's 2500 bucks a year for fizz water.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
There are many factors to the food price increases. I know the price of the cheapest tomato ketchup has shot up to around 4x the price it once was at the start of the pandemic. Pasta is now ridiculous. Milk has only just stabilised.

It doesn’t matter what country you live in. There are political excuses being made for why the cost of living has increased. Some of it I’m actually suspecting isn’t true, or is self inflicted.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Oh wow yeah that's a lot for carbonated water. What about 2l bottles?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Still on topic of price increases but did the US find that their energy companies were profiting of the supposed energy crisis?

My sister said the same thing, but I like the convince of the individual cans, plus they are nice and cold and don't go flat....... maybe I will just drink less of them.....

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
People are suing ones like Exxon over that. Stay tuned.
Good. Energy companies should not get away with profiting at the expense of their customers during a supposed crisis. Energy bills skyrocketed. The taxpayers here are now in debt and out of pocket at the same time from the energy price hikes. Just to have a mild winter and the energy companies taking it in.

The US ( Biden admin. ) blew up Nordstream II to keep Russia from selling natgas to Europe, too bad for Europe

Stopping Russia from selling its oil was an attempt to remove their finances and make invading Ukraine more difficult.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It’s also part of the propaganda narrative. We keep trying to pin a lot on Russia. Don’t get me wrong. I do not trust Russia either. But I also don’t trust the western governments right now. We can point out to Russians that they are being brainwashed and under constant propaganda as much as we like. But so are we.

Encap

LOL

Biden: ‘Israel Has An Obligation Not To Harm My Reelection Chances’

biden.jpg

"WASHINGTON—Responding to fallout from the Israeli military’s killing of seven World Central Kitchen aid workers in Gaza, President Biden made an address Thursday asserting that Israel had an obligation not to harm his reelection chances. “Let me be clear: Israel is bound by international law not to engage in any activities that undermine my ability to win a second term,” said Biden, emphasizing that if Israel did not reverse course and end civilian casualties soon, then progressive and Arab American voters were at extreme risk of sitting out November’s general election. “Prime Minister Netanyahu and I have spoken on several occasions about the importance of keeping me in power, and he has assured me he will do everything he can to mitigate any domestic political fallout in the United States. Still, the damage this war has done to my polling cannot be ignored.” At press time, Biden quietly signed off on sending another 2,000 bombs to Israel to ensure he was reelected."
~ The Onion - America's Finest News Source ~

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
My sister said the same thing, but I like the convince of the individual cans, plus they are nice and cold and don't go flat....... maybe I will just drink less of them.....
What product are you buying?

It’s also part of the propaganda narrative. We keep trying to pin a lot on Russia. Don’t get me wrong. I do not trust Russia either. But I also don’t trust the western governments right now. We can point out to Russians that they are being brainwashed and under constant propaganda as much as we like. But so are we.

I don't think it is the Russian people as much as it is Putin and his administration. Many Russians don't want this war either.