Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Man those grocery store prices are high.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, I'm diabetic as well. Been that way since the early 1990s. I do test my blood sugar at least 3 times a day. Often more than that.
My mom too. But seeing the doctor today was actually pretty good. I'm untreated so he believes with some meds I will be okay.

My mom too. But seeing the doctor today was actually pretty good. I'm untreated so he believes with some meds I will be okay.
I did oral meds at first, but my doctor who first diagnosed me said because I was thin that insulin was the way to go. Took me a couple of years to see it his way.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Well we'll see in a couple of months. If the meds do something by then then no need for insulin. I get the feeling my levels will drop. I had a rough 2 months and had to resort to a lot of ramen noodles and other cheap bad food. But I'm ok now. Bills just got out of control a bit

Yeah, they may work for you. Many people become type two diabetic later in life. My sister is on Metformin as her blood sugar has been creeping up. But, she doesn't test. If you don't test you really have no control.

Getting a walk for 45-60min a day will help you feel better mentally and physically, I go to walmart and push a cart around every day for at least 45min in addition to everything else I do because it's just good for us to clear things out, get the blood flowing, lymph system needs muscle contractions to work properly, a sedentary lifestyle is very unhealthy go at least walk 45min 4 times a week.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I got one of those ski exercisers I picked up a few years ago. Maybe I'll start with that

The nice thing about walking is you have changing scenery to look at, people to interact with or avoid, you can take your mind off the physical task and get lost in thought, but a ski machine seems tedious, maybe put it in front of your television and try to forget you're on it until the 45min has gone by ??

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That's what I was thinking. Watching a movie

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I did oral meds at first, but my doctor who first diagnosed me said because I was thin that insulin was the way to go. Took me a couple of years to see it his way.
Thanks for the reminder to take my afternoon metformin.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
We have a lot in common. I might as well take my second dose of metformin as well.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, I started out taking Metformin and Glucophage. But, my doctor was correct...at least about my needing insulin to control my blood sugar.
Metformin=glucophage. Dr. has me on glipizide too. Working pretty well so far. I only test once daily @ this point and my morning sugar is usually ~100.

Things got outta hand back in November. Reported to the ER (eyes wouldn't focus) with my sugar @ 400+. Found out type II is one o' those things that isn't a problem......until its a crisis.

Yeah, I took Glipizide too. Oh, I meant to say Glyburide. These are drugs that fit into the sulfonyl urea family. Metformin is a total different class of drug. I believe in testing ones blood sugar and often. Your fasting blood sugar could be fine, but later sugars could be way high.

Last edited:
I'm sure some of you in the NJ and NY area felt the 4.8 earthquake this morning.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I just got an amber alert about that. I didn't feel anything. Maybe I slept through it? Nothing is knocked over. Must not have reached here