Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Man those grocery store prices are high.

Just read that employers added 303,000 jobs in March this year. That is making this the longest period in 5 decades that the unemployment rate has been below 4%. It has been this way since 2022. This has helped to make our recovery better in the U.S. than in other places across the globe.

Also, in the Washington Post it seems that 1 in 5 primary voters have voted for someone else than to vote for Trump. This is in comparison to Biden's 1 in 10 who didn't vote for him. This is also continuing for Trump as polls have shown recently. Since Nicky Haley dropped out people who voted for her continue to support her as well as others who they voted for instead of Trump.

Last edited:

Hiring has been up because things had been so bad.
1 in 5 is 20%..... 1 in 10 is 10%
Cherry picking a couple of things that you think might sound good is but a tiny part of the whole picture.

Political, Economic Indicators Not Promising for Biden​

Yeah, polls alone are not a predictor of what will happen in November. Most candidates use them to refine their platforms before an election takes place. BTW, these were stories in the Washington Post today. One of two newspapers I subscribe to with the NY Times.

Seems that Donald Trump has been pushing his authoritarian dreams again as he has promised to empty out government of anyone not loyal to, not the Constitution or the people, but Trump himself. Think about that for a moment. He intends to also weaponize the Judiciary to go after people not loyal to him. He has said as much at his rallies. This is an existential threat to Democracy itself. Anyone who doesn't believe he'll do this doesn't remember what he did in office and just before leaving. He was also the only president in over 100 years not to greet his successor at the White House.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I think one of you guys should make a thread about the up coming election. I like the idea of this thread being about food prices and whatnot. Up to you though this is just a suggestion.

Well, the Inflation Reduction Act actually had people believing prices would go down. Prices have never gone down. When have you even seen grocery prices go down? They never have. Biden needs to show people that things are actually better for them and show what he intends to do next. Trump just says he made things better, never showing how he did this. But, Republicans only care about Trump getting reelected. :ROFLMAO:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Well, the Inflation Reduction Act actually had people believing prices would go down. Prices have never gone down. When have you even seen grocery prices go down? They never have. Biden needs to show people that things are actually better for them and show what he intends to do next. Trump just says he made things better, never showing how he did this. But, Republicans only care about Trump getting reelected. :ROFLMAO:
Just when I was starting to enjoy interacting with you you said this. How dare you say that things are better. I struggle every damn day because of that walking zombie Biden!! You have no right Paul to tell me that things for me and my mom are getting better when both of us are barely able to afford food let alone our bills. How. Dare. You.

Lies, misinformation and political censorship is all the deepstate dems have left, Biden has been a total failure and a national embarrassment who has us on the preface of WWIII.

The fact that unemployment has remained below 4% for 26 months is no lie. And it has not been that way since the 1960s. I got my first real job in 1967 where I paid taxes and got a paycheck, so I'm not just talking out my ass like some here. We got a recession that started in the 1970s and lasted through Reagan's entire time in office.

I'm sorry, Unown, that you and your mother are suffering. But, Trump certainly isn't the answer. He's the problem!

No paul, you're not talking out your ass ( and I didn't accuse you of that either, that was your snipe at... me ?? ), you're regurgitating the liberal spin without understanding what you're talking about.

Unemployment rate is not an accurate measure of the economy, not even close.

That was not the only story I posted today. That is just a piece of what is going on right now. Trump IS an existential threat to Democracy here. He can barely keep a thought in his head about the things he wants to tear down. He tries to say Biden is too old, but if you watched the state of the union address you know that Biden is as cognizant as he's ever been. This is an election where Democrats cannot protest their vote as this would help to put the most illegal president we've ever seen back in the White House. This is most likely the most important election I've seen in my life. Trump can never be allowed to occupy the White House again.

This is the most important election in my lifetime, Biden is a clear and present danger to American Freedom, safety and quality of life. Biden can not be allowed to stay in power.

I think one of you guys should make a thread about the up coming election. I like the idea of this thread being about food prices and whatnot. Up to you though this is just a suggestion.
Yes I thought this thread was for the high prices we pay at the register not percentage rating on the polls. many folks cant afford food for the families now . And the prices I think will stay high being that their raking in a ton of money .

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
What do you guys eat throughout the week? I'd love to hear about some meals that aren't heavy on carbs. I gotta watch out for that now. BJ's has this 3lb thing of ground chicken that's 97% fat free that I like to cook up with some gravy, mushrooms and onions and serve it over jasmine rice. I also like to make a meat sauce with the hamburger, spinach and tomato sauce and eat that with either spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
I have to eat more meat in my diet. Eggs are a good meal as well. Thankfully the price for eggs has dropped significantly

Reactions: GSS
Years ago I used to cook all the time. Made my own marinades and did stuff with seafood. Especially crab meat. Now, I don't get around as well as I used to and find that buying deli food is easier on me now. We have Safeway here and they have a nice deli.

Reactions: GSS

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Deli foods are great. I think I'll go there more often. Price chopper will cook your seafood for you so been wanting to get some shrimp and whatever else they have on sale. I know it's half off right now so about 5 bucks a pound.