Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TEA lasers: Replacing The Nitrogen

The only other gas I found was XeCl. Which is expensive, toxic, and not recommended. It’s part of an eximer laser. Seems argon is used as a buffer in some nitrogen lasers but by itself does not lase. Same with helium. Google is your friend for these questions. I would not have know this had I not looked. Have fun and be careful the uv off these lasers is really powerful and bad for your eyes. Since you can’t see it anyway wear uv rated glasses. Polycarbonate works pretty well. Look up dye

Oh alright. Thats a great response thank you. The reason i didnt type it into google is because i wasnt really sure how to word it in any way that wouldnt take a paragraph hahaha. Although thats my terrible researching "skills". Im young and incredibly new to lasers. Theres so much to learn about them its incredibly overwhelming so typing it into google is sometimes a little difficult, especially when i dont have the vocabulary that only comes with experience that relates to lasers.
I Do have a laser glasses with an OD of 5 rated for 190nm-579nm from NoIR. Im definatly sure the range of wavelengths is sufficient but ive been told that the peak power on TEA lasers can go into the hundreds of kilowatts. In your opinion would you get a pair of stronger glasses?

As with using dyes to change the color of the laser, The only ones ive seen do so use a resonater cavity, Is that nessasary with the addition of dyes?

Also Since my laser goggles protect against UV along with a small range of other colors, For flashy, photographic reasons I wish to change the color to something like green. For green fluorescein seems to be the way to go and its aparently what gives yellow highlighters that "glow". Do *all* yellow highlighters contain fluorescein ? As in will choosing a random group of highlighters (of the yellow color) give me a yeild of fluorescein? I simply dont want to waste my money, I also understand that fluorescein can be bought online from suppliers but i dont wish to wait.

Also thank you all so much for your help. It really means the world to me that there are people willing to take time out of their day to entertain my questions.

kecked

Let’s unpack this. Yes yea lasers pack a lot of power in short pulses. Yes this is really bad for your eyes.
You should shield the uv so you don’t get exposed. Plastics are enough. Google which.

Dyes in highlighters can vary so try them in ethanol. Other dyes are pretty toxic so wear gloves. You need to learn about setting up a cavity with a cuvette so look for les’s lab on YouTube. His videos will get you over the line.

Essentially you use cylinder lens to make a very tight line across the cuvette. This if the mix is right will cause sulerluminant lasng even without mirrors. The pulses off this dye laser are also really powerful so just make sure you don’t stare at the dot or get hit by a reflection. The divergence is pretty bad so it spreads quickly.

I recommend you stop doing and do a lot more learning and then come back to the doing. This is seriously dangerous stuff if done wrong and you only get one set of eyes. It’s not a matter of age it’s a matter of knowing.