Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

How to Register on LPF | LPF Donations

cooling

Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
47
Points
0
is there any way to cool down a x105 so that the duty cycle will be longer?
or is that recommended ?

Here is a link to some local computer shop; http://kisildalur.is/?p=2&id=469

as you can see it's a fan with some cool led's in it..
well it's local price is 14 dollars

it says TEC is this just the company witch makes this or is it TEC?
 





I suppose it's possible to make a mounting with TEC device installed. The pointer would be inserted and clamped into the "external heatsink.  It would add size and weight but if you are using it more for CW lab type work, it wouldn't make any difference.
You don't want to get it too cold so as to condense water, just pump away the heat.

Mike  
 
Rog,
The ones we ordered off of ebay are much different, and require much less power. Do a search for SP1950 on ebay and it will pop right up.
 
:) Good man Gazoo that is exactly what I wanted!.....the postage is a bit swingeing, but not as high as some postage I have come across  :-[

Regards rog8811

*edit...ordered and paid for :)*
 
These little buggers are amazing...worth every penny. In fact I ordered another one after I received the first one because I liked it so much. The only thing in the ebay specs...it says it draws a max of 4 amps. This is not true at all. At 5 volts it draws a little over an amp, and condensates, which is a good thing because it will freeze a small cap full of water quickly.

For my red GB diode, the peltier is only pulling 200ma and keeps the diode cool, and does not condensate. This is equal to powering it with one nimh AA battery.

When I receive my second peltier, I will be experimenting more to try to get an idea of how much heat sinking it will require running it at low currents. I think it will be easy to use these in a modded flashlight. ;)
 
That all sounds very good for what I have in mind, thanks.

Regards rog8811
 
Rog8811 --

Those TEC you show are what I'm using now for experimentation. The mini's we have would work well for you with proper assembly. As I said, you don't want too much cooling and remember that heat produced by the TEC also has to be dumped.
Turn up the red on your spiro !!!!!

Mike
 
I notice that the peltier is described as double stacked, for the uninitiated *that would be me* what does that actually mean?

Regards rog8811
 
Stacked means a small peltier assembled on top of a little larger peltier. One pumping into the other !! Double cold. The two modules are wired in parallel and work together. You can see the two levels in the pictures I believe.

Mike
 
Thanks HM, that makes sense now, for some reason I thought about cold side to cold side, hot side to hot side and completely forgot hot side to cold side.....the only one that would work :-[

Regards rog8811
 
Gazoo said:
Rog,
The ones we ordered off of ebay are much different, and require much less power. Do a search for SP1950 on ebay and it will pop right up.

I did a search on sp1950 but it did not find any matches. Any chance of a direct link?

Cheers
 
Sorry for double post but have a look at the names of buyers on that listing, any of them ring a bell? :D
 


Back
Top