Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red 200 mW 660 nM

could you guys PLEASE PM me if there is a good group buy somewhere?  I seem to have missed out on all but the meter (thankfully!!!!)  I really wanted to get in on the diode deal  :'(

S

SenKat

Sure will, man....I only got the diodes from him - I didn't get in with enough time to get any kits...I'll see what I have left after my flashlight mod attempt - maybe I could send you one if there are any left ? I plan on harvesting some DVD-burners here soon - I have a few mom and pop pc shops keeping their eyes out for "dead" units...

Steve -
I use something like a postit with a black dot. Something this and light will smoke fastest. Watch the dot CAREFULLY - IE eye protection which will also let you view the dot. My reds work 3 to 15 feet but you gotta hold steady. Especially on matches.

Mike

Steve --
Also - A red from a DVD is about like the GB from CPF. Find a cheap 18x DVD drive and gut it out --carefully. There's an IR AND a Red in there. I got my last DVD on sale for $20.00 !!!

Use anti static when handeling the LDs. The red may not have a full case so be extra careful with that. Newer drives coming may have higher output. Stay tuned !!

Mike

I finally got the red to burn!!!  Focal length is at about 5 feet - yes, focus is important...

Attachments

• redlasermatches_0001.wmv
    300.4 KB · Views: 44