Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

yellow pointer that is actually yellow

gbp007

Hi , ive been reading about the yellow pointers not really being yellow but more of an amber color but i came across this website that has one that it is actually pure yellow. Which model is this and where can i get it ? here is the website im talking about below -

technologyevangelist.com/2006/02/colored_laser_pointe.html

That is a fake pic (the beam was edited, and very poorly too). Not to say that there aren't true yellow-looking lasers, but none are portable, and they would cost many many thousands for puny weaklings of a laser. "Yellow" lasers, at either 593.5nm DPSS or 594.1nm HeNe, are old traffic light yellow according to Sam Goldwasser of Sam's laser FAQ, and I personally consider them orange yellow. The only pen-portable yellow in existence to my knowledge is the Rigel style that Laserglow sells for $300 (yeah, not cheap). If you are interested in one though, I am currently offering some for ~$200 I believe. There's a post about it somewhere on these forums. Good luck.