Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Laser X10 beam expander

Undertoker

Hi guys
i recently picked up a WL Arctic spyder 3 and despite all the mixed reviews I’m pleased with it.
im trying to source a x10 beam expander and wondered if anyone had any ideas on where I can get one or where I can get something that does the same job and will fit my laser
as always thank you in advance
John

Undertoker

Just a bump guys - any info on either buying or even perh building one would be helpful
what thread is the wicked laser spyder for example?
perhaps I could source something and retro fit it

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
There may be some here who can answer your questions but you may have to wait a while. WL was (is) such a ripoff they don't get a lot of respect around here. That being said, I wouldn't mind having one of their original 473nm Spyder lasers.

Undertoker

Appreciate your reply thank you.
I’m honesty I don’t know the history with WL and wasn’t aware of the bad feeling towards them.
I do notice that they seem ridiculously priced specifically in the US, but that is good old fashioned greed for you.

I picked mine up second hand - it’s an old Arctic Spyder 3000mw version.
I can’t seem to find any record of a 3000mw one but that’s what it says on the sticker.
It works well and seems well made in honesty, but I don’t have a meter to test it.
I guess time will tell as to the quality of it.

But it seems that you cannot order any bits for it at a fair price - they are ridiculously expensive - I messaged an eBay seller for WL and he asked for telephone numbers even for just a lens kit and as such I simply won’t order off WL directly.

But I would like a beam expander and wonder if for example an expander made by someone else might fit it ?
I wonder what the thread size is ?