Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

white led color spectrum

First off...those are down to 7$? dang. might have to get some.

Also, all LED's emit over a range of wavelengths,not just one peak point like laser diodes. But for white, idk, since white [obviously] isnt a color on the spectrum. Im pretty sure they just emit along a larger curve, if you will. this and this may help.

Last edited:
The vast majority of white LEDs use a blue emitter with a phosphor over head that converts some of the blue light into the rest of the spectrum. They have two "humps" because of this - one from the blue LED, and one from the phosphor. From google images:

l1d1.gif

thanks for the pic. it's listed as 8-9000 lumens. its Chinese also. how accurate do you think that is? also is there a meter I could buy to test the lumens?

Michael.

8-9k is believable. The device used to measure total light output is called an integrating sphere. They are 4-5 figures.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Mixing the warm and cool white parts gives a very nice neutral white light. I've been building grow lights for years with these. My customers are mostly medical growers (and a couple bonsai enthusiasts) and they report excellent results. An array of two warm and 2 cool white parts replaces a 600 watt sodium light very nicely with no bulbs to buy every 6 months and no mercury. The recent price drop indicates to me that there is something new coming, soon!