Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What gives you nightmares in the animal world!

Anything small and venomous is a big nope. Especially those blue ring octopus. Like an inch across and it will shut down your respiratory system. Also venomous spiders. Tiny little things and they'll mess you up even if 90% of them aren't deadly.

Glad Im living in Canada where the only native venomous animals are bees :^)

Anything small and venomous is a big nope. Especially those blue ring octopus. Like an inch across and it will shut down your respiratory system. Also venomous spiders. Tiny little things and they'll mess you up even if 90% of them aren't deadly.

Glad Im living in Canada where the only native venomous animals are bees :^)

You forgot diamond back rattlesnakes, and the other 16 species of snakes that live around Southern Ontario/Southern B.C. , Scorpions ( We have them here in B.C./Alberta/Saskatchewan), several species of spiders including the western Black Widow, Hobo Spider and more recently thanks to raw log exports to Japan, the Yellow sac spider.

.... Canada has a lot more venomous critters than you think!

I never thought about snakes in Canada, we don't have them in Alaska. Animals I don't want to be attacked by: sharks, tigers, lions, bears, wild hogs and many more, but those particularly.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
What gives you nightmares in the animal world!

Humans. :whistle:

Especially these two. :p

lIuLT0z.jpg

Last edited:
Some of you might find this post offensive, but I'm going to express what I see going on with DPRK and US. I am very angry with the current US Government in how it is setting the stage for a possible military conflict.
South Korean citizens tonight are protesting against the US Governments actions selling heavy weaponry to Japan and to their country. ROK citizens want a peaceful resolution to this escalation and the US Government out of their country.

I'm not particularly scared of JongUn Kim (DPRK) as I understand what DPRK is trying to do... I am however scared of D.Trump as he makes no sense to me. He makes a statement, then retracts or does the opposite of what he says he is going to do. He is erratic, illogical, egotistical and narcissistic.

The DPRK is trying to survive the only way it knows how, by grandstanding and waving around the nuclear card. What the DPRK really wants is to be recognized as a nation, to do trade with others and to be left alone by the US.
The DPRK despises what it sees as an imperialist agenda in what the US continues to do in the region. The recent move to sell heavy weaponry to Japan and South Korea only adds fuel to the fire.

generalissimo-trump-e1485980772922.jpg

Military-North-Korean-Propaganda-Posters-1-650x372.jpg

D.Trump only understands intimidation and belittling his opponents. He has NO ability to be diplomatic.

This is not looking like a good outcome. I fear any further provocations will be a direct result of Trump shooting his face off on twitter.

Last edited:
I think his time has come, just hope it isn't the same way it came for Hitler. i hugely doubt he can become that, we live in a different world now where only isolated countries like N. Korea can get away with such now.

I think his time has come, just hope it isn't the same way it came for Hitler. i hugely doubt he can become that, we live in a different world now where only isolated countries like N. Korea can get away with such now.

True, DPRK has been able to get around much of the sanctions imposed on it over the years through China, Russia, Cuba and Venezuela.

I hope peace will come to the Korean peninsula quickly. If any outbreak of conflict were to occur I'll be heading there ASAP.

I wonder if you are happy about the fact they get around the sanctions? I'm not sure right now.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Sorry, didn’t want to turn this thread into a political debate. Just answered the question honestly. The only thing in Earths animal kingdom that can truly be the cause of nightmares is humans. We cause so much devastation. I’m seriously getting the feeling that Trump is getting obsessed with North Korea and it will end in tragedy.

I wonder if you are happy about the fact they get around the sanctions? I'm not sure right now.

No, but I sure wish they'd invested in food for their own people rather than focussing on gas centrifuges.

Having lived in that part of the world for many years, I can get the mentality very well. The last thing the DPRK wants is a military conflict, but IF they feel they are being backed into a corner they can't get out of they will strike.

I fear chemical weapons would be used long before their nuclear deterrent.

Korean way of thinking militarily is to look as mean and as large as possible, and make lots of noise to get your enemy to notice you.

If conflict breaks out I'm going over immediately. That is for certain.

Last edited:
I've seen the US government give them huge amounts of money as bribes to get them to conform on many things, they take the money and then just come up with another thing. Maybe this is part of their game? Looking like a threat, getting bought off by the foolish American government once again, quiet for awhile, and then back at it.

I never thought about snakes in Canada, we don't have them in Alaska. Animals I don't want to be attacked by: sharks, tigers, lions, bears, wild hogs and many more, but those particularly.
You gotta look out for those venomous
Northern Snow Snakes....

Humans. :whistle:

Especially these two. :p

lIuLT0z.jpg

:crackup::crackup: You can barely tell them apart..
Could be twins...:crackup:

Jerry

Last edited: