Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SUPER FREAK "445nm diode"

I hate having conversation with members before bed about efficient diodes because it gets you excited. So excited that it makes you crack some M140 up and start testing. Damn You.:p Mind you its 1am now.:shhh:

This is the best 445nm diode i haver ever owned Tested whtever you want to call it.

I dint say the max but its well over 2.5W.;)

jayrob

Wow nice diode!

You said 2.5 Watts with 405-G-1...

What current was that? 1.8 Amps?

Last edited:

joeyss

I'm guessing maybe 2.9 watts.....or 3.1 if you got usper lucky?My gut says 2.8-2.9ish

jayrob

Personally, if I had a diode like that, I'd just set so that it was giving me 2 Watts and hope for good longevity...

Personally, if I had a diode like that, I'd just set so that it was giving me 2 Watts and hope for good longevity...

Nah. I get 2W diode all the time.

All my 2W laser are still going strong. Have never seen one even Degrade at all. Some of my 2W laser are over 1 year old and those 2 i use the most and run them for long Duty cycles.

So If all my other 2W lasers are set to 1.76A and putting out 2W+ and this one at the same currant is putting out >2.5W it will still have the same Long life as my other ones. Possible more because its so efficient.

I have yet to hear to this day a 2W laser dieing from natural causes

jayrob

Nah. I get 2W diode all the time.

All my 2W laser are still going strong. Have never seen one even Degrade at all. Some of my 2W laser are over 1 year old and those 2 i use the most and run them for long Duty cycles.

So If all my other 2W lasers are set to 1.76A and putting out 2W+ and this one at the same currant is putting out >2.5W it will still have the same Long life as my other ones. Possible more because its so efficient.

I have yet to hear to this day a 2W laser dieing from natural causes

I meant to add 2 Watts through an O-like lens because of the better looking dot...

I meant to add 2 Watts through an O-like lens because of the better looking dot...

Although that would be nice, I would never run anything about 1.65W-1.7W without a G1 lens.

Thats just asking for it.

There is so much heat restriction going back into the diode at that power also not to mention reflection that i just dont trust it.!

You would be crazy to run a 445nm laser off an Aixiz/O-Like Lens at about 1.7W or higher. Just my own train of though.:undecided:

Last edited:

jayrob

Although that would be nice, I would never run anything about 1.65W-1.7W without a G1 lens.

Thats just asking for it.

There is so much heat restriction going back into the diode at that power also not to mention reflection that i just dont trust it.!

You would be crazy to run a 445nm laser off an Aixiz/O-Like Lens at about 1.7W or higher. Just my own train of though.:undecided:

Hmmm... Good point.

Your right in that there would be quite a bit of light trapped inside at that level of output. Best to use the 405-G-1 to let as much as possible out...

So do you think we are running at the limits of these lenses?

IMO Yes we Are.

Using a 3 element Glass lenses restricts so much power that it has No where to go but generate more heat.

Not only does a G1 lens give more power you will find that that same build that you had a 3 element glass lens on before switching to a G1/G2 lens was running hotter with the 3 element lens then with a G1/G2 lens.

A Focus adapter also helps.

Now there is also the amount of light it restricts. Because it clips the edges,has to travel through 3 lens etc that cause back reflection and More Heat.

Although you would probably be fine ruining it at that power with a 3 element lens for a little, over time IT can degrade the diode, Lower your duty cycle etc.

I think the way to go is if we want a better dot, use correction optics. The Loss will still be less then using a 3 element Glass lens.:D Problem is its not s easy as it sounds. Trying to work on something now.

The 3 element glass lens is just cheaper and easy to find.

Last edited:

rhd

You jerk - now you're keeping me up too ;p

I'm working hard, but I'm a lot slower at binning diodes with my setup. I'm about 16 diodes into the H-series. So far, 2.55 W with a G lens is the best from this array.

I'm tryin here! And I don't think my girlfriend appreciates being kept up for... well this.