Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold out

Re: FS: Blue Hotlight Kit

Got mine thanks very much great product cheers Mohrenberg

free shipping for the rest of the week. That includes international orders as well.

xivlia

aw maaan :p. oh and by the way, i still havent received my hotlight yet :\. got any sort of tracking number? thanks.

rhd

Ditto - no free shipping when I try either :(

jakeGT

I think last time he refunded it or something. Not 100% on that so don't quote me on it

rhd

Hey Moh,

Here's a weird phenomina. The shipping (to Canada) as I increase the number of units purchased, increases also (understandably). But look at the shipping prices:

1x - $2.75
2x - $3.50
3x - $12.00

So really, if someone wanted 3x, they'd be better off to order 2x and pay $3.50, and then order another 1x on it's own and pay $2.75. That would be a total shipping of $6.25 instead of $12.

That must be a glitch right? Because it couldn't actually cost you less to ship two separate packages, than to ship one larger one?

Hey Moh,

Here's a weird phenomina. The shipping (to Canada) as I increase the number of units purchased, increases also (understandably). But look at the shipping prices:

1x - $2.75
2x - $3.50
3x - $12.00

So really, if someone wanted 3x, they'd be better off to order 2x and pay $3.50, and then order another 1x on it's own and pay $2.75. That would be a total shipping of $6.25 instead of $12.

That must be a glitch right? Because it couldn't actually cost you less to ship two separate packages, than to ship one larger one?

Yes. it's because of this:
I ship these in the manila 4x8 envelopes. I can fix a maximum of 2 inside of 1 envelope.
So 1, or 2 hotlight get shipped in the one envelope. After that, I can fit 3-5 inside of a priority mail small flat rate box, which costs ~$12.

For overseas orders, the cost of shipping is more of ~$5.50 for 1 hotlight, and ~$9 for 2.
So, for most international ordersw it's cheaper to pay $12 for 3 in a small flat rate box than to pay $14.50 for two envelopes.
It's just different for Canada, because first class shipping is cheaper since it's not overseas, but they still charge the regular $12 for flat rate international small priority boxes as they would to ship anywhere else in the world.

So this thing you've encountered will only happent o people who live in Canada, and probably Mexico.

chefla

Any word on my order? Paypal was sent on 03/29/11. I PMed you twice since then asking for a short status of my order. Please reply. I can't wait for the hosts to arrive:yh:

LaZeRz

Hey Moh.... I posted a review on the hotlights and here are a few pics

2h4kjsn.jpg

ouyvj9.jpg

16betzl.jpg

np11mr.jpg

5xjxjb.jpg

357hl6v.jpg

Thanks alot... They are truly awesome :D

xivlia

hey, btw when you updated the paypal status of my order. it says posted 31st, but i ordered waaay back on the 23rd :p u didnt actually posted it on the 31st did you? u posted like 2-3 days after i sent the payment? :p

Guys, if your going to ask a question about your order, i need your name of e-mail address.
I usually walk into the post office with 10-15 envelopes, so I have no clue who you are unless you tell me.
xivlia - without that needed info, all i can say is the customs sticker will be dated the same day i mailed it, and on most occasions, i mark them as shipped the same time i actually ship them (unless i had forgotten to mark it)

It would not surprise me as i've been pretty busy lately. I won't be around much in the coming months, and my hot lights are almost gone.