Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Questions about photography

I am soon to receive my new 30+ greenie from Atlas. On CPF , no outdoor pictures are allowed to be posted. What are the forum rules here? Will I be able to get any decent photos with this laser?

Any advice for the photos? I have a Canon digital SLR with several lenses.

Neo

T

timelord

We are very tolerant here and don't have petty rules about sky shots. I'm sure you common sense will prevail here and your laser pics are very welcome ;)

S

SenKat

The only rules are - post LOTS of interesting photos ! What type of Cannon do you have ? :)

I have been looking for a CHEAP camera that takes good pictures of fine detail like circuit boards - I haven't been able to get any closeup pictures with my Sony Cybershot DSC-p150. Anyone have a favorite for that purpose? (got to be cheap though - my money goes to lasers...) :)

L

laser

i have an underwater camera with a mode called "macro". it takes pictures of really small detailed things like tiny fish in coral. theres also a macro mode that does long exposure, so it can get a bit confusing.

ive seen a picture of the tip of a match that someone had burned "WL" into it. the picture was extremely clear for that closup.

T

timelord

Here's a macro shot of some maches.

Attachments

• Matches___Macro_shot.jpg
    Matches___Macro_shot.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 77
Good luck with that 30mW. I have two of them, and if the opportunity comes along, I'd definitely buy more. That atlasnova deal was a great price for great lasers.

P

Proctor

You'll be able to get some nice pictures with your Canon SLR! Pass a question my way if you need any help with laser photography :)

Proctor and whoever else cares..........

i have a Canon 20D with various L lenses.

I did a lot of wildlife photography, so several are telephoto primaries. do have a wilde angle L lense though for some good night shots with scenery. I will have to wait until it warms up. It is still below zero here at night in S. dakota.

Neo

P

Proctor

neocacher said:
Proctor and whoever else cares..........

i have a Canon 20D with various L lenses.

I did a lot of wildlife photography, so several are telephoto primaries. do have a wilde angle L lense though for some good night shots with scenery. I will have to wait until it warms up. It is still below zero here at night in S. dakota.

Neo

300 F2.8L IS? :)

This is WAY off topic, but if you want to see some of the results of my photography ( I do mostly bird photography) see my portfolio at:

pbase.com/cary1952

Neo

Moderator, if you want to pull this post, go ahead.