Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about IR laser

Rinkz

So i have this diode laser which supposedly outputs 755, 808 and 1064 wavelengths. from what i understand all of these are outside of the visible spectrum, but when used a red/purple glow is visible . Does this mean some of the output is below 755nm and within the visible spectrum? i am buying safety goggles in the 680-1100nm range but question if it is enough

Last edited:

Sowee7

you can actually see 755nm and 808nm with the naked eye. just very faintly. the 808nm laser is monochromatic and should only output a single wavelength. the 755nm and 1064nm dpss lasers can be multiline but that is very unlikely. most likely what you are seeing is the 808nm infrared and the 755nm infrared light. your laser safety glasses should work fine with that laser. i have a few questions though, what is the OD rating on the glasses and what is the lasers output power. and is it a pulsed laser or a cw laser?

Rinkz

you can actually see 755nm and 808nm with the naked eye. just very faintly. the 808nm laser is monochromatic and should only output a single wavelength. the 755nm and 1064nm dpss lasers can be multiline but that is very unlikely. most likely what you are seeing is the 808nm infrared and the 755nm infrared light. your laser safety glasses should work fine with that laser. i have a few questions though, what is the OD rating on the glasses and what is the lasers output power. and is it a pulsed laser or a cw laser?

I see, thanks for the answer

not quite sure, it is labeled as 300w but i have doubts, pulsed with a duration of 30ms-100ms and the glasses im looking at are od6+ from eaglepair

Sowee7

I see, thanks for the answer

not quite sure, it is labeled as 300w but i have doubts, pulsed with a duration of 30ms-100ms and the glasses im looking at are od6+ from eaglepair
It should be fine, please do not look at the laser without glasses, even if the dot is weak, 300w is enogh to severely damage your eyes, hope this helps!