Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics optics set

Ordered an Optotronics optics set. The set was nicely shipped in a Fedex bubble bag, and came with a transparent box which you can compartment yourself. Inside are all kinds of optics, all of them wrapped into grease-free paper and/or plastic bags. After unwrapping all the goodies this is what the set is composed of:

dsc02521640x480cj0.jpg

As you can see, a nice collection of filters, gratings, lenses, (semi)mirrors and other stuff. I only played with a few items yet, and the diffraction gratings are my favorite so far.

I'll post some pictures of a wicked optic set-up soon! :cool:

Very nice stuff! The optics set/grab bags from optotronics and surplusshed are absolutely amazing. I still routinely use the optics I got in those sets over a year ago on a regular basis for everything from simple hobbyist playing around, to serious work.

diachi

That looks like a nice set, i'm sure you'll be having fun with it. Would be nice if you could give is some pictures with the optics and your lasers :p

diachi

I got my gratings from an old projector :D Then made a stand for one of them out of paper clips, I'll get pictures of it when my lasers arrive :)

Where do people recommend as the best place to get a stack of cool diffraction gratings? Just the gratings, not a whole optic set :)