Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Chatto69

Hello members,

I’m interested in learning more about lasers and builying one for myself. Several years ago a friend built several lasers and we experimented with burning different things. I have completely lost track of that friend over the years but always kept the interest in lasers. I live in Texas (DFW area)

Sincerely,

Welcome to the LPF. I believe you'll find that burning things with a laser will get boring very quickly. Always safety first.

Chatto69

Thank you Sir. Yes burning things was fun in my 20s now I’m in my 50s it takes a little more to hold my interest.

Yeah, I'm a baby boomer who is over 65 years old. I don't like to give out my exact age. :LOL:

Commander J. Bloodmaker

I don't know guys, I don't think I would ever get tired of hitting things with a few megawatts. Few watts might get boring after 30 seconds, but I wouldn't tire so easily with enough power to light off fusion. I'd be building my own Tokamack.

Hi,
Get a NDB7A75 diode in a 25mm copper module with driver set to 3.5A 4A max with a G2 lens or G8 lens from DTR laser shop with leads.
Then get host with a 2X18650 battery capacity with a large heat sink . solder two wires and apply heat shrink tubing on the solder joints.
You will have a great laser build.
Rich:)