Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for an awesome laser host

Hi all, I recently got myself a https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/6w-nubm44-445nm-laser-diode

(NUBM44 7W laser) and am looking for a host. I am willing to spend a litle on it if it looks radical. Something along the old Eghemus lines would be cool. It would be really cool if it had a strong sci-fi theme to it, instead of just looking like a flashlight. It could look like some wacky gun or strap around the forearm with a button in the palm. Anything would be really cool. Thanks for any pointers.

Unfortunately, without commissioning someone to do a specific build for you, a "flashlight type host" is exactly what you're going to get. And with Eghemus being out, there's not many options for getting a custom built host. There's been a couple people on here mention starting to do custom work, but nothing really for sure yet. And depending on how "radical" of a designed you want, it won't be cheap, Eghemus' host were usually around $100. So expect at least that, if you can find someone that'll do a build.