Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LED Lighting Panel

Wonly

I'm currently in idaho(military) and will be getting out soon to go back to michigan... i will be growing medical marijuana, seems it makes pretty good money as well as go to college for some network/admin stuff. I have been reading a ton of stuff about cycles and spectrum and everything about the plant. Where im from the bulbs are closer to like $70 per maybe ill find cheaper online. I really just wanted advice on LEDs thanks for all the input guys

Wonly

Those are very small, we are looking to be growing near 100 plants and harvesting every month (with plants in more cycles) should be using near 10 1000w lights or 15 600w lights since those are more efficient

Where im from the bulbs are closer to like $70 per maybe ill find cheaper online.

Always cheaper online :beer:

Here is a led grow light review link. L.E.D. GROW LIGHTS

From that site: "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]uses 90 watts while still putting out just as many lumens as a 400-watt MH bulb."[/FONT] Why would I buy a light from someone who obviously doesn't know what a lumen is?

Here is a link to something that can fit in a closet Pyraponic Industries -- Still the Original. Still the Best.

1) I don't know if I'd trust someone who uses lumens as a rating in their grow lights. 2) There's obviously a lot of green light in those lamps which is going to waste. 3) $600 for fluorescent lamps?!! Are they high?! (don't answer that)

1) I don't know if I'd trust someone who uses lumens as a rating in their grow lights. 2) There's obviously a lot of green light in those lamps which is going to waste. 3) $600 for fluorescent lamps?!! Are they high?! (don't answer that)

LOL I have one of those from way back. Its called the Phototron. A friend gave it to me to fix because he blew the ballast. I hooked up multi - spectrum florescent tubes, duel HPS lamps for the middle, and C02 jets on the top. Along with redesigning the watering system to use a pump to flush the 'tea' over the roots ever 15 minutes. Unfortunately my friend died before I got a chance to give it back to him. I dont smoke weed, so its been sitting in a box for 15 years. If you follow the plan, it will produce, and keep producing buds almost indefinitely. I dont know if I'd pay $800, but the its a good system for a personal supply. Something like 4 OZs every 2 months.

I know a guy that had one in his closet and I was really suprised at how well it worked. They are a little pricey but they are intended for one use, to grow your weed in a small space. The problem with using MH and HPS is that they can be detected with thermal imaging from a helicopter like the ones that the DEA uses to find illegal indoor grow operations.

I know a guy that had one in his closet and I was really suprised at how well it worked. They are a little pricey but they are intended for one use, to grow your weed in a small space. The problem with using MH and HPS is that they can be detected with thermal imaging from a helicopter like the ones that the DEA uses to find illegal indoor grow operations.

in california that is almost a moot point. getting a medical card is pretty easy. and bare minimum state law says 1 person can grow 6 plants. and there are counties that raise this limit. the helis aren't looking for weed anymore.

michael.

When I lived in Winnemucca NV they flew over all of the house and busted 2 growing operations and 3 meth labs. That is the only place I have seen them do that and by the way they were black with no markings!
They are probably looking more for the meth labs than the growing.

They are a little pricey but they are intended for one use, to grow your weed in a small space. The problem with using MH and HPS is that they can be detected with thermal imaging from a helicopter like the ones that the DEA uses to find illegal indoor grow operations.

6 * 55W + ballast losses = over 350 watts of heat in a confined closet.

The heat is only a problem when it makes one room much hotter than the rest. If circulation is good, then the house looks normal.