Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JLasers - NUBM08

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
In glad I didn’t waste money on those sharp 5w diodes.. I was thinking maybe they could be pushed to 7-8-9W but doesn’t look like that’s possible. I wonder why Nichia diodes can handle the extra AMPs so well? I was able to get my NUBMOF to over 9W using your JLB5A driver and G8 lens.

loreadarkshade

In glad I didn’t waste money on those sharp 5w diodes.. I was thinking maybe they could be pushed to 7-8-9W but doesn’t look like that’s possible. I wonder why Nichia diodes can handle the extra AMPs so well? I was able to get my NUBMOF to over 9W using your JLB5A driver and G8 lens.
Same here! Sharp diodes are usually top notch, but definitely not their blue ones. I think Nichi@'s diodes are just more efficient, producing less heat, therefore having more power

Yeah, the 0F is stupid efficient and powerful. Check the datasheet, its slope efficiency is way above any other diode.

Glad you made good use of my drivers :)

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
Same here! Sharp diodes are usually top notch, but definitely not their blue ones. I think Nichi@'s diodes are just more efficient, producing less heat, therefore having more power

Yeah, the 0F is stupid efficient and powerful. Check the datasheet, its slope efficiency is way above any other diode.

Yeah man! I sold 10 lasers in the last 20 days!

I really need more 20mm and 17mm drivers asap! Please let me know if you have them in stock? I saw an old post saying you had the 2-5.5A in 15-17-20-22mm? If so please DM me cuz I need to get them asap.

The Convoy 17mm 6V/5A boost driver is decent, but it hits peak values and then drops off immediately, and it’s not due to heat since just turning On/Off the laser will get peak numbers again without even being warm to the touch..

Are you still using 10-turn pots on those 22mm drivers ? I was having a hard time getting the max settings, but now I see it’s a 10-turn, i should probably turn them much more cuz I was treating it like a 1 turn lol

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter

And that NUBMOF with flat lens is killer!! I was getting almost 10W with 5.2A and a G8 lens.. I can’t wait to see how well it does with my copper heatsinks and TEC/fan combo.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Amak87 if you continue to avoid my warnings about selling on here without having the 20 post count minimum I'm going to have to issue a ban.

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
Amak87 if you continue to avoid my warnings about selling on here without having the 20 post count minimum I'm going to have to issue a ban.
All I said, is that I DID sell lasers. I don’t even say where I’m selling them or any details man, it was in response to me buying drivers and heatsinks from J.. I’m not avoiding your warnings, nor did I attempt to sell anything to anyone after I got your message. But FYI, I did make a donation a few months back when I signed on.

But I definitely did not even try to sell anything by saying I sold 10 this last month, it’s just a response to him saying he was glad I was putting his drivers to use…no details were given about my lasers or where I’m selling them. I get the rules brother, I was about to post up a few threads about 2 recent personal builds I did. Is that ok? These are my personal lasers/projects and I’m sure the community would be interested in seeing the results, I had an unusually high output with my 1.2W Ushio 638nm build, and I also wanted to drop some info on the drivers I’ve found that work well with some popular diodes.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
All I said, is that I DID sell lasers. I don’t even say where I’m selling them or any details man, it was in response to me buying drivers and heatsinks from J.. I’m not avoiding your warnings, nor did I attempt to sell anything to anyone after I got your message. But FYI, I did make a donation a few months back when I signed on.

But I definitely did not even try to sell anything by saying I sold 10 this last month, it’s just a response to him saying he was glad I was putting his drivers to use…no details were given about my lasers or where I’m selling them. I get the rules brother, I was about to post up a few threads about 2 recent personal builds I did. Is that ok? These are my personal lasers/projects and I’m sure the community would be interested in seeing the results, I had an unusually high output with my 1.2W Ushio 638nm build, and I also wanted to drop some info on the drivers I’ve found that work well with some popular diodes.
I know I understand but people might contact you about sales because you are letting others know that you are in the business. Feel free to make some meaningless posts just to get to 20 if you want. Sure post as much as you want. Also since you made a donation awhile back do you want the donor badge?

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
Anywho..

I’m still a big fan of the Osram PLPT9-450LB-E diodes. They come brand spanking ne

Anywho..

Im still a huge fan of the Osram PLPT9-450LB-E, since they are brand spanking new and they produce a very nice blue hue. You can’t go wrong for the price! But I’m def ordering a couple NUBMOFs with flat lens from china tonight! I’m going to run them in my next laser project lol

I wonder if they just pull the ball lens off and replace with a flat lens? It’s annoying getting used diodes and getting duds. Someone needs to go to china and find some of those 13W diodes asap! Haha

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
Besides this post, I’m not someone who does that kinda stuff.. I’ve been on a ton of different forums and I understand the rules, I get it.

And yes, I’ll take a donor badge. I made the donation in February or March? Do you need my email to check ?
I know I understand but people might contact you about sales because you are letting others know that you are in the business. Feel free to make some meaningless posts just to get to 20 if you want. Sure post as much as you want. Also since you made a donation awhile back do you want the donor badge?

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
Also, it’s only us 3 in this thread lol if they see me and J side by side, it’s not a competition. He’s a vet. If anything it’s more of an advertisement for him.

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter

Another question, have you tested the NUBMOF and similar collimated diodes before removing the ball/can? I’m curious how much that ball actually reduces output?

I was playing with a NUBMOF ball diode the other night and the collimated output is pretty much spot on unless you want to pointlessly burn small items close lol, I was comparing the stock collimated beam between using 2- G2 lenses to allow for adjustments and all it did for me is pointlessly reduce the output. I think the collimated beam is damn near perfect..

Especially with the NUBB23 and NUBB24, they have such a small lens, that the beam spot is pretty damn tight! Especially with 2 of the 24’s side by side at 4.5Amps.. easily over 100w output, with a very small beam spot.. that’s what I’m using for my M14-A1 AEG conversion.. I’m almost done, I just need to turn the copper heatsink tonight.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Besides this post, I’m not someone who does that kinda stuff.. I’ve been on a ton of different forums and I understand the rules, I get it.

And yes, I’ll take a donor badge. I made the donation in February or March? Do you need my email to check ?
Let me ask the owner. He should have your email address when he checks your account. Only 8 more posts to go. If you ever start a store or already have one I can add you to the sellers list in the BST sticky.

loreadarkshade

Let me ask the owner. He should have your email address when he checks your account. Only 8 more posts to go. If you ever start a store or already have one I can add you to the sellers list in the BST sticky.
Please check for me too, I sent a donation but never got the badge :)

Another question, have you tested the NUBMOF and similar collimated diodes before removing the ball/can? I’m curious how much that ball actually reduces output?
As per my tests, Gball and G2 lens has the same loss which is around 2%

loreadarkshade

I've updated my list of drivers for anyone wanting to see:

PM me they are all in stock, just havent had time to update the website

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Please check for me too, I sent a donation but never got the badge :)

As per my tests, Gball and G2 lens has the same loss which is around 2%
I spoke with Avery earlier and he mentioned that it has to be a subscription donation. A single donation does not earn the badge. Sorry guys.