Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How old where you when? part2

How old where you when you either moved out or got kicked out of your parent's/guardian's house?

I was 19

EDIT: I moved out because I wanted to. It was just time.

Sorry, No, I moved out because I wanted to. [highlight]INDEPENDENCE[/highlight]

Moved out at 18 when I went to University 1000km away and across a sea.

I live independently, but I'm not financially independent (not until Uni is over and I have time for a proper job :) ).

I moved out when I was 15. It really wasn't the greatest plan, but now 15 years later, I can tell you that I became very street smart very fast and I still am. It will be difficult for my baby daughter to get away with much growing up, because I guarantee you that pretty much no matter what she does, I'll have been there and done it myself. There's a lot to be said for not being a naive parent. So in hindsight, while I probably would have an easier life now if I had followed the socially accepted "normal" path, the path I chose had its own unique benefits (as well as a few drawbacks).

JLSE

ElektroFreak said:
I moved out when I was 15. It really wasn't the greatest plan, but now 15 years later, I can tell you that I became very street smart very fast and I still am. It will be difficult for my baby daughter to get away with much growing up, because I guarantee you that pretty much no matter what she does, I'll have been there and done it myself. There's a lot to be said for not being a naive parent. So in hindsight, while I probably would have an easier life now if I had followed the socially accepted "normal" path, the path I chose had its own unique benefits (as well as a few drawbacks).

I hear ya... I was 15 as well, I also cut ties for numerous reasons. You learn a lot being on your own, and I still feel that I was better off. The only thing I regret was the lack of desire to remain in school, and the need to go out and get a job instead.

My wife and I are expecting our first daughter in 10 weeks, needless to say, she wont be getting away with much either. If anything I am more motivated on giving her a life and oppoutunity to which I never had. Being out on your own at a young age will make for a better parent in my view. Aside from the 'been there, done that', there is much more life experiance to pass on and teach from the errors we make:)