Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do I get the optics out of my PHR 803T?

I just wiggled it with my fingers and broke the glue on it, then it came out. However this may cause chips and fingerprints.

JLSE

clean electrical tape on the end of a flat screwdriver and gently pop them out :)

wannaburn said:
clean electrical tape on the end of a flat screwdriver and gently pop them out  :)
ahh, good idea that just worked for me. :)
The glass didn't chip.

I use cutting pliers and just brake thing into pieces to get all the optics out unharmed. It's quite easy, the metal is very brittle.

JLSE

FireMyLaser said:
I use cutting pliers and just brake thing into pieces to get all the optics out unharmed. It's quite easy, the metal is very brittle.

Good one! I hadnt thought of trying that way. It seems that there isnt much glue, but the bond is pretty rigid. Does the glue stay on the metal or the optic this way?

pwnstar said:
[quote author=wannaburn link=1218674517/0#3 date=1218688453]clean electrical tape on the end of a flat screwdriver and gently pop them out :)
ahh, good idea that just worked for me. :)
The glass didn't chip.[/quote]

Glad to hear it :)

The glue on mine was like, IDK... play-doh, very easy to get off. Not a problem. And if there are glue left on the optics, just let it be. Otherwise the chances are great there will be scratches in the process of getting the last little bit of glue off.

artix

wannaburn said:
clean electrical tape on the end of a flat screwdriver and gently pop them out  :)

Thanks! I just tried that with scissors and they all came out very easily!