Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone have an aurora gp?

Switch

murrat said:
http://www.dragonlasers.com/catalog/Aurora-GP-price0-p-1-c-271.html

Dragonlasers has a pulsed laser for power hungry laser enthusiasts.
I am curious how it performs as it is a pulsed and very powerful.
Does any of LPF member have it?
I also couldn't find any user movies at youtube.

There should be a video from dragonlasers or dragonlasersfanman on youtube.
I didn't see anyone here talk about it cause most of them go with the x-series CW.

Razako

Pulsed is basically a ripoff because the laser is only on for a certain percent of the time. A 60mw pulsed laser would probably only be the equivalent of 30mw cw.

murrat

Razako said:
Pulsed is basically a ripoff because the laser is only on for a certain percent of the time.  A 60mw pulsed laser would probably only be the equivalent of 30mw cw.  
Equivalent of 30mW at what? burning? visibility?
What is wrong with a pulsed laser? If it burns better and more visible than it's not a ripoff!

Razako

murrat said:
[quote author=Razako link=1204459539/0#3 date=1204478426]Pulsed is basically a ripoff because the laser is only on for a certain percent of the time. A 60mw pulsed laser would probably only be the equivalent of 30mw cw.
Equivalent of 30mW at what? burning? visibility?
What is wrong with a pulsed laser? If it burns better and more visible than it's not a ripoff! [/quote]
Perhaps I said that a bit wrong. Not all pulsed lasers are ripoffs but they can be if you don't know the actual % of the time they are on.

Here is a quote regarding pulsed lasers from the optotronics website.
The RPL-Blue laser provides true continuous output of it's rated power, not the cheaper and less powerful
Q-switched type that is rated at the peak power of a beam that is switched on & off with a duty cycle of typically 50% or less."
http://www.optotronics.com/b-lithium-ion.php

MERC

At the same mw cw will be more visible and burn better.