Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best 18650 batteries?

trephanation

I just got a Surefire M600DF Scout light and it comes with a protected Surefire brand 18650 battery. I've also got an Olight S2R Baton II which came with an unprotected Olight brand battery. I've read a few times before that these brands produce substandard batteries, and have already got a pair of Samsung 30Q 18650s (the pink ones) for my green laser in the past as well as a pair of Efest 16340s for my blue laser. It got me wondering, what are your top rated 18650 cells? Was thinking of getting a pair of the Sanyo/Panasonic red cells to power both flashlights, but is there something better out there? In the case of the Surefire M600DF, I believe the documentation states that the battery used must be UL certified in order to not void warranty.

Edit: didn't remember there was a battery subforum, this thread could be moved lol

Last edited:

Encap

trephanation

The Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650 10A 3600mA are great batteries --at under $5 each a good value too
2 places at that price are: https://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/products/panasonic- as well as some fakes.-ncr18650ga-flat-top-1?variant=12534245700
and also https://www.batteryjunction.com/sanyo-ncr18650ga-li-ion-flat-top-battery.html

There are a few others offering under $5 also--stay away form eBay >> silly high prices as well as possible fakes
Thanks, I ordered a pair of the protected Panasonic/Sanyo 18650s from Liionwholesale. How come it's been said to steer clear of Surefire (I can understand why to avoid Ultrafire...) batteries? From what I understand they are a quasi-defense contractor that provides equipment to military and LE