Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm JBL4306 Laser Suddenly Dim

d16its

Hello, new to the forum, but seems like a very educated and diverse community that I look forward to being apart of.

I Recently purchased a simple 405nm JBL4306 laser pointer and although the beam wasn't a solid single violet point, and instead 1 strong center dot surrounded by maybe 5 weaker dots about .5mm away when focused.... I couldn't really complain, it would burn slightly when focused, even at long distances if the object was black and for a first laser, I was satisfied.

However, the light is now extremely dim. Im Assuming it happened after it may have had a slight knock against something but its not like it fell on the floor or anything, was just in my pocket and hit the door as I walked by..

I didn't pay much, but until I purchase another laser,

Is there anything anyone could recommend to "try" to do to maybe fix it up?

- I know this model is hard to open, however I have tools im willing to give it a go (why not)

My theory is, since it was such a small hit that caused this issue, then it must be something simple to fix. Once I know what I need to do...

So any suggestions on the cause of the dimming and ways to fix it if the circuit was accessable will be greatly appreciated!

Also, there is a round edge about an inch from the focus point too now... Idk.. im about to just start digging inside it and would rather have some guidance before I do so lol.

Thank you,
d16its

Last edited:

Encap

Assuming a freshly charged good battery, how long did you leave it on at any one time ---maybe you burned it out, damaged by thermal runaway

First Post--big Texas welcome-- check out the 'Newcomers' section-- IF you put a location in your 'intro' title there you will get some nice greets from members near you--enjoy the forum!! stay safe and well..

It would be a shame for you to miss a Laser Gathering near you-- these are great meets-(LEMS)- AND while there NOBODY will ask you 'Why Lasers? Why do you need more than one? ' if they HAVE to ask they will not understand the answer so--- meh