Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W 5.6mm Laser diode

Hey all. Its my birthday soon and id like to celebrate by bringing a new laser pointer into this world.
I would like some help in finding a 1W 5.6mm laser diode, preferably within the blue range for reasonably cheap, hopefully under 30 AUD.
Could you help me in finding a laser diode that fits these requirements? ive honestly looked everywhere and i cant find what id like. I had my eye on one a few weeks ago but ive lost the bookmark.

Thanks All.

I would use a glass lens with this. Anything close to a watt could melt a plastic lens.
I dont have a very high budget here. less than 10$ AUD since i blew the rest of it on a different project. I used this for a 400mw dvd laser

do you think it could work for the 1W? Im not sure if it uses a glass or plastic lens.
Do you know of any glass lens focus modules i could use for cheap?

Also I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much

I dont have a very high budget here. less than 10$ AUD since i blew the rest of it on a different project. I used this for a 400mw dvd laser

do you think it could work for the 1W? Im not sure if it uses a glass or plastic lens.
Do you know of any glass lens focus modules i could use for cheap?

Also I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much

No, I think you need to use a glass lens for this. You can get by with a less expensive one like the multi-element glass lenses on eBay or from some other supplier. If you use a plastic lens it will likely melt in less than a minute.

Your link states that this is a glass lens, but they may be lying about that. It is difficult to know for certain.