Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow goggles, Blu-ray blocking

Hi I'd like to buy some of your BR goggles. Are these ones OD rated (not sure if it matters - I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to lasers ;)). I live in UK.

Last edited:

Several of us have tested BR goggles, testing the output with a pass through goggles and without, of our BR lasers on our Laser Power Meters, and have found about 1 t0 2% of most BR's, (which of course vary in wavelength, (405nm +/- 10nm or (thereabouts) , which although not "Official" is about OD2. I see a bigger filtering of BR light w/ the red lens,btw, but I like the yellow best for easy viewing of subtle florescence, and have sold 2 pair to a cancer research facility that also bought 2 BR lasers to identify tumor boundaries in lab mice, so I am pretty confident these protect well and show more easily what "glows", however for those with >250 mW a bit more safety seems to be found using the red lens ones.

laserdiode, I'll send a PM after I re-check postage to UK Thanks! -Glenn

So the yellow goggles would show florescence more clearly, but the reds offer more protection from blu ray?

In that case I'll get a pair of red goggles. If I understand you correctly, they are $15 plus shipping and paypal. PM me and ill send the money with paypal

Last edited:
Thanks Flight, now I am down to 1 pr red lenses left so if needed, hurry! -GH

update, 1-09-'10 Mailing right now Flight!

Last edited:
The goggles arrived today and they are exactly that I needed. That was some fast shipping too! Thanks for the "extras" too, I had a lot of fun messing around with the diffraction grating. Thanks again Glenn!!

FL350

My goggles also arrived today - they are great quality and I'm glad to see they have protection from the sides also i.e. wraparound goggles. They are really clear to look through and the dot is still clearly visible so you can see what you're doing. Great value also, would definitely recommend! 10/10 Thanks!!!

bp968

I'm interested in 2 pairs of the yellow BR googles.

Also, I don't think I totally followed your pricing structure on the 532nm and 650ish nm protecting goggles? I'd be interested in something that protects against green/532nm but first I need to send this laser to someone who can tell me its power output and if its leaking mass IR (amazon special 50mw greenie) because the goggles would be useless if its dumping tons of IR wouldn't they (the green ones)

thanks!

I saw that on a few other sites that sell IR glasses that those glasses are also rated for blu-ray. would I be able to use these glasses for IR because i don't want to spend 50$ extra if these glasses(which I already bought) would work for IR. I know that doesn't mean it works the other way but I wanted some feedback.

Just a question.(probably nooby too...)

Thanks for answers.

Last edited:
I saw that on a few other sites that sell IR glasses that those glasses are also rated for blu-ray. would I be able to use these glasses for IR because i don't want to spend 50$ extra if these glasses(which I already bought) would work for IR. I know that doesn't mean it works the other way but I wanted some feedback.

Just a question.(probably nooby too...)

Thanks for answers.

These will not be suitable for IR. They may block out 10.6µm (wavelength of CO2 lasers... to which almost all objects are opaque including glass) but if you want to protect your eyes, it is best to invest in safety eye-wear that is certified and intended for the specific wavelength(s) you will be dealing with.

I would love a pair of those goggles, if they're still available! PM me for payment, address, etc.

Thanks!!

Goggles arrived today, VERY FAST for international shipping :D!
I'm amazed by all the things that fluoresce, and they are also great for protection whilst viewing the dot up close.
+rep thanks mate!

Got my yellow 405nm glasses today, and tried them out. Reduces the laser's apparent brightness *significantly*, even at its focal point! Very fast shipping, very cheap, and absolutely worth it for anyone who wants to play with the 100mW violet laser they just built without worrying about blinding themselves :eek: ! Thanks much!

DJNY

Are they good enough for protection while handling with a classIV br?