Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who Would Be Interested In Some Brass Hosts?

The brass has been ordered. If everything gets here like it should I should have a few hosts build next week sometime.

Wow. Both look great but that first one is amazing. Depending on funds when they go on sale I may be very interested one.

Pretty good design, and I always liked entertaining an idea of all-brass host, extra weight giving it a high-quality feeling and all, but what do you intent to do about the oxidizing? Brass tarnishes horribly fast in air, even worse when used with your hands here and there. I had one or two all-brass pen hosts for some lasers and they lose their golden shine pretty fast.

One trick I learned though, if you want to restore it to it's original shine, use a small bit of toothpaste and rub it in with a paper tissue. Seriously. Looks like new.

Pretty good design, and I always liked entertaining an idea of all-brass host, extra weight giving it a high-quality feeling and all, but what do you intent to do about the oxidizing? Brass tarnishes horribly fast in air, even worse when used with your hands here and there. I had one or two all-brass pen hosts for some lasers and they lose their golden shine pretty fast.

I may end up clear powder coating them, not sure yet.

So what battery configuration would you guys prefer?
1x 14500
2x 14500
Or
1x 14650

Pman

Always easier with 2 as you can always use a dummy/place-holder;)

What are the chances of getting a removable head on these? i realize that would be a fair amount of extra work, but it would be nice to be able to use my round blitzbucks :)

What are the chances of getting a removable head on these? i realize that would be a fair amount of extra work, but it would be nice to be able to use my round blitzbucks :)

What is the Dia of the driver?

17mm will leave you with a very thin wall on the battery tube, it might be possible thought.

Yea, thats why I asked, didnt know if it would be possible. If not, no biggie :)

Jstr

I would be interested in one. I like either 1 or 2x14500

rhd

Any chance you can use a metal switch, rather than black plastic?

Here's a secret - those "chrome" in color switches that are plentiful online, are actually brass in color underneath the chrome if you sand them. I'll try to find an example photo.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150305_221723.jpg
    IMG_20150305_221723.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 139
Last edited: