Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you think Usb/Usb-c ?

Madness Laser

As per the title,

What's the big deal about laser pointers with charging module via USB/USB-c ?
I'm now recharging one of my 8 pointers set up like this... to be precise, are they Gatling [max output IMO 1.5/6W 450nm],
Or are the ones where you load and then insert the cells better? I think it's more comfortable as what not to believe?
Could it also be implemented on powerful pointers?

Tell me yours

It mostly has to do with new shipping regulations. Lithium batteries aren't allowed to be sold separately in marketplaces like Amazon and Ebay anymore unless they come pre-installed in the equipment.

I think its because USB recharging allows for distributors to sell to a larger market, often times people who are new to lasers. If you present a laser that can recharge via a usb cable that most people already own, its more likely to sell than trying to market a laser that runs on separate lithium batteries (requiring a specific separate charger) that most people wont have lying around already.

Reactions: GSS

Madness Laser

It mostly has to do with new shipping regulations. Lithium batteries aren't allowed to be sold separately in marketplaces like Amazon and Ebay anymore unless they come pre-installed in the equipment.
I didn't know this. Anyway, I was referring in general...
It's something that could also be adopted in laser pointers from 3W to 8W+, perhaps with 2 32650 cells, but we need to see if there are drivers for charging via USB-C or USB

Madness Laser

I think its because USB recharging allows for distributors to sell to a larger market, often times people who are new to lasers. If you present a laser that can recharge via a usb cable that most people already own, its more likely to sell than trying to market a laser that runs on separate lithium batteries (requiring a specific separate charger) that most people wont have lying around already.
Right, I agree with you, more sales and less banging!
When the beam becomes dim, connect to the USB and go (y)