Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spider (large pic warning)

ped

Check out this cheeky chappie that popped into my kitchen to say hi.:whistle:

Vfg3Xwa.jpg

diachi

I think a large spider warning would have been more useful than a large picture warning. :crackup:

Doesn't bother me though, that one's a beast! Encountered a few that large back in Scotland, though the ones I found were a little more beefy and grey in colour.

GSS

Cool!
What are you going to feed it?:thinking:
Found one in the yard almost the same size a while back but it had some nice yellow striping on its body.

Last edited:
Hell no, I hate spiders, and centipedes too. thanks(?) for sharing though. :crackup:

Yikes, you must know the species is harmless or you wouldn't let it touch you. No idea what that is, what is it?

diachi

Yikes, you must know the species is harmless or you wouldn't let it touch you. No idea what that is, what is it?

There aren't any dangerous spiders in the UK, at least not wild/native ones anyway. At worst you might get a bite akin to that of a horsefly or big mosquito.

Last edited:
In Alaska, the only spider I've heard of which is a problem is the Brown Recluse, when I lived in California it was the Black Widow spiders, but I am sure there are others I just didn't know about which could be dangerous. I believe the Brown Recluse is probably also in many states, they come to Alaska hitching rides with stuff being shipped up.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hell no, I hate spiders, and centipedes too. thanks(?) for sharing though. :crackup:

I'm with you, ....this is definitely a "hell no" for me too! :eek:
It's nice knowing that the UK doesn't have any poisonous spiders, we've got both the brown recluse and black widow where I'm at, and I'm no fan of spiders.

The only spiders I like are jumping spiders. They're so cute!

That one was missing a hand :(

-Alex

Last edited:

ped

It gave me an exploratory nip to see who / what I was but I love spiders the keep the smaller bugs & flies at bay.

diachi

The only spiders I like are jumping spiders. They're so cute!

That one was missing a hand :(

-Alex

Awww, that is cute!

It gave me an exploratory nip to see who / what I was but I love spiders the keep the smaller bugs & flies at bay.

Having spiders in your home is a good sign too, means everything is nice and dry inside. Or so I've been told.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Andrew, that big assed spider looks like something that you'd find down in your neck of the woods! :D

Hey Andrew, that big assed spider looks like something that you'd find down in your neck of the woods! :D

Yeah Jeff, believe it or not the kids were having a good laugh this morning at breakfast at the one that crawled out of our air con vent.
It was bigger than this one, it was a huntsman.

Similar to the one below, (Not My Photo)

Huntsman-spider.jpg

:yh:

Last edited: