Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some Hand Made Holograms

Eidetical

Great start! DCG is really time consuming and difficult because one has to get the film preparation right as well as the exposure stability. But it doesn't have to be perfect to be really cool.

Great start! DCG is really time consuming and difficult because one has to get the film preparation right as well as the exposure stability. But it doesn't have to be perfect to be really cool.
Yeah its definitely a labor of love. I've spent a long ass time on this and am only now just barely able to produce reliable results. But the payoff is worth it IMO. Now its just a matter of refining my plate production and post processing to get the quality up.

Yeah, I have made many reflection holograms in the past using HeNe lasers. I'm not in a place right now that would be stable enough to try more at this time.

Eidetical

Yeah, I have made many reflection holograms in the past using HeNe lasers. I'm not in a place right now that would be stable enough to try more at this time.
Any countertop or table is suitable for making Denisyuk type reflection holograms like those above. It's been shown that many laser pointer lasers can be used to record them, despite common thought. I encourage others here to try it, and will do whatever I can to support your efforts if you do.

My house was built back in the early 1900s and has 12 foot ceilings and gas furnace. Maybe I could get it to work, but when I was making them had a much newer place with concrete foundation and that worked very well.

My setup is just a piece of gypsum drywall sitting on a bicycle innertube on my floor, rock solid even for 15 minute long exposures (I'm just doing Denisyuk holograms, very forgiving)