Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RG 10k scanner how to?

Ds1

If I were to buy the 10k scanner kit from chinese department store, would it be able to be hooked up in RG, and if so, is there some special way to do the separate TTL or are there RG TTL outputs? I know Andy has RG set up for his 15k, as this is probably a very good question for him.

Thanks

FokoF

Funny, I asked him the same question yesterday. He had a DAC connected to his 15K set, so it sorted out the blanking. As far as i know the 10K set can only handle one colour by itself.

FokoF

Andy it would be really great if you put a tutorial on your site on how to connect a DAC to the lower end sets of galvos :D hint hint ::)

OK ok ok

normally scanners just come as scanners no DMX. the input on all scanners is three wires, X, Y and ground.

so when you get a DAC you connect the Y from the dac to the Y on the scanner. the X from the DAC to the X on the scanner and same with the ground.

now the DAC will control the scanners, thats all you need to do.

next lasers.

most DAC's do RGB, so you connect your module to power as normal and connect the TTL + on the laser to the + on the DAC and same with - (ground)

just make sure you connect the red laser to the red laser output on the DAc, same with green and blue.

now the dac controls the blanking on the lasers.

thats its very very simple.

FokoF

Wait im still confused ::) sorry. do you connect the x and y directly to the galvos? So basically you use all the parts you get with the 10K scanner set and just disconnect its x and y, then connect your DAC's x and y instead. Right?

xgeek

Here is a link to the manual for your galvos:
http://www.laserpic.com/Product_galvo/Product_Manual_Galvos.pdf and an image of the connection if you are using the DMX board that comes with it.

If you are going to use a DAC to control the driver boards rather than the DMX board. Then the lead that is marked as X/Y would go to your DAC.

For blanking you would connect the blanking outs on your DAC directly to your lasers blanking input making sure you wire correctly (Don't want to put 240v down there by mistake would you Andy  ;)). If you are just using the DMX board then the laser blanking inputs get connect to the DMX board where it says "To R/G/B/I Laser"

Best read the manual  ;D

XG

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 122
use connect the YX and ground from the DAC to the X amp and Y amp

the amps then send the signal to the galvos

the laser ttl goes direct to the dac

Ds1

ahhh I get it now too...very simple thanks alot!

I didnt want to get a 10k if it couldnt be at least RG

Ds1

yeah I'm probably better off money wise doing something like that... but how often can you say you built your own RGY (or RGB ;D ) laser scanner?

yeah taken me a good 6 months to build my current one and its still not done