Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie questions

scarr

I expect OP wants it brighter, so this coupler and a brighter laser is what I would do some testing with.
If your connector is FC then also use an SMA to FC coupler.
You want a laser that uses an M9x0.5 barreled lens
the thread on the laser in the pic, is it a starndard? if so do you know what it is?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 3

Most people here buy blank modules and press in the diode of choice and use a driver that fits into the hollow back half of the module.

The M9x0.5 barreled lenses such as G2, G8 are our standard.

These produce a nice single mode beam, highly visible and you can focus it down very small, you will want single mode not multi mode.

Here you can get one ready made with a driver built in and the lens of your choice.

Last edited:

scarr

I have emailed to get thread sizes, both internal and external. if these come back a standard, buying a G2 lens to fit allowing short focusing. then either buying an adpater or making one as you suggested and we might have a solution? or have I gotten confused again!

Thanks for all your replies.

P.S. I assume there are no issues with then selecting a GREEN and a BLUE laser as the G2 lens appears to cover these wave lengths. I'm ideally trying to find a upplier that can supply the three lasers in the same package.