Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Friend cyberdoc

Get better and come home soon doc.

TY Paul for the thread--Len

Hi All:

I’m extremely touched at the well wishes and encouragement that I’ve received on this thread. It is truly a living example of the many kind people here who share our mutual love of lasers and science. I’m still awaiting news from my hospital team, but hope to be home soon. Thanks to Paul for creating this thread, and to all who’ve posted and read it. Please Be Well and Take Care.

-cd/Barry

It's great to see you posting again, Barry. I'm very happy to hear you may be going home soon. You know you can email me anytime. I had been waiting to hear from you. I hope that you can have a full recovery. Take care, my friend.

ManCave

Hi All:

I’m extremely touched at the well wishes and encouragement that I’ve received on this thread. It is truly a living example of the many kind people here who share our mutual love of lasers and science. I’m still awaiting news from my hospital team, but hope to be home soon. Thanks to Paul for creating this thread, and to all who’ve posted and read it. Please Be Well and Take Care.

-cd/Barry
I am new to the forum and so, we don’t know each other, Barry.
Still, It always concerning when I hear of people’s health battles.
I like to take the opportunity to wish you a speedy recovery, and I hope you can return to your home and loved ones soon.
Cheers.

Snecho

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! My mother worked in a hospital and I know how lonely and upsetting it can be.
I hope you will be able to return to the warmth and comfort of your home as soon as you can.

Last edited:
Got an email today from Barry. He is scheduled for a "risky surgery". Don't know exactly what, but they moved him to another room where he no longer has an ocean view, but twin peaks. Will inform as I get news.

Snecho

Got an email today from Barry. He is scheduled for a "risky surgery". Don't know exactly what, but they moved him to another room where he no longer has an ocean view, but twin peaks. Will inform as I get news.
Oh man, that's rough. I will be praying for a quick a successful surgery.

Hi Barry,
Glad to hear your getting around little by little, and making an attempt to post here on LPF. Lots of folks are concerned as you read this thread. Yes that was such a wonderful gesture on Pauls part to put this all together so we all can express our feelings.
Thick skin buddy get strong again ..
Rich:)

My guess is the surgery is going after the pituitary, so brain surgery. Barry hasn't been forthcoming with details. He is in my thoughts daily.

I got an email from Barry. They tried to dilitate his duodenum, but had to stop for uncontrolled bleeding. He remains on a liquid diet and doesn't expect to get out of the hospital anytime soon. I did email him back. Hope he knows he is in our thoughts.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Damn, that's not good, but he's emailing, that's a positive sign.
You're right, Paul, he's in all our thoughts, thanks for the update.