Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Magnifying lens?

jpv434

I was expirementing with my laser pointer and magnifying glass and I really loved the burning results. Is it possible or is there an optic that I can screw into the focusing cap to where i don't have to use a magnifying glass? I notice on my gatling laser focusing cap that there is still available space where it is threaded by the lens the factory put in. Basically I want to know if I can add another lens in front of it. Also, does anybody know the thread dimensions for the same threads that the factory lens is on? Thank you guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240403-070004_MX Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403-070004_MX Player.jpg
    839.3 KB · Views: 3

I was expirementing with my laser pointer and magnifying glass and I really loved the burning results. Is it possible or is there an optic that I can screw into the focusing cap to where i don't have to use a magnifying glass? I notice on my gatling laser focusing cap that there is still available space where it is threaded by the lens the factory put in. Basically I want to know if I can add another lens in front of it. Also, does anybody know the thread dimensions for the same threads that the factory lens is on? Thank you guys
You can make a basic SLIDE TO FOCUS lens holder/adapter out of paper, I find 15 or 30# cardstock works well, available at walmart or any online office supply, ebay, ect....

Make sure to protect your eyes when lasing.

SANY7739.JPGSANY7740.JPG

Lots of these lasers can be focused down just using the lens they have. Usually at a distance of an inch or two.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

I looked at this thread yesterday morning..
Then out of the blue i'm getting magnifying glass ads on ebay and amazon.
Spookie stuff on how they follow you:cautious: