Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser 303 Amp requirement and cleaning.

LaseGeek

Hello, I own a Laser 303 that's about 80mw so nutn' crazy, I was wondering what maximum continuous discharge current intensity I needed on a battery.
-And I am disappointed with the massive rings around my dot even at close range, so I was wondering if cleaning it thoroughly would help and if I should clean the inside lens or just the one on the cap.

Thanks !

I'm assuming that you have a 532nm DPSS laser. Masking will help with those extra artifacts. If you are concerned about dust on your lens, and depending on what exactly you have, you can use a lens cap or just electrical tape over the output aperture.

LaseGeek

I'm assuming that you have a 532nm DPSS laser. Masking will help with those extra artifacts. If you are concerned about dust on your lens, and depending on what exactly you have, you can use a lens cap or just electrical tape over the output aperture.
But the spread will still exist and light will still be lost so it isn't really a viable option for me

These 301 and 303 type lasers are very inexpensive. I have many of them. I would just get another or several. I don't have these types of problems with mine. If you can still return it that would be your best option.

LaseGeek

These 301 and 303 type lasers are very inexpensive. I have many of them. I would just get another or several. I don't have these types of problems with mine. If you can still return it that would be your best option.
Here in my country they are averagely uncommon, and hard to find so they are kind of expensive

Where are you? I suppose you may have trouble finding these types of lasers where you live. Sounds like you have a problem focusing your laser. These use a collimating lens after a diverging lens which isn't easily adjustable. The collimating lens is though. That is the lens closest to the aperture.

GSS

I'm curious where your located also.
These 301, 303's are the most popular lasers that are out there other then the pen ones.

These 303's focus like Paul said. Are you sure the front knurled section "knob" turns separate from the head?
Sometimes there's a 2nd knurled knobs on top of the first which is used for the special effect star caps you see on the wall. That 2nd star cap is removable..
The worst thing can be is to try cleaning the lenses, especially when you use a solvent. Just about all the time it makes it worse.
Use a dry Q tip gently first or maby a lens clothe..
I wouldn't touch the inner lens.

Encap

I'm curious where your located also.
These 301, 303's are the most popular lasers that are out there other then the pen ones.

These 303's focus like Paul said. Are you sure the front knurled section "knob" turns separate from the head?
Sometimes there's a 2nd knurled knobs on top of the first which is used for the special effect star caps you see on the wall. That 2nd star cap is removable..
The worst thing can be is to try cleaning the lenses, especially when you use a solvent. Just about all the time it makes it worse.
Use a dry Q tip gently first or maby a lens clothe..
I wouldn't touch the inner lens.
Exactly.
301 and 303s are the most widely sold and lowest cost throw away quality mass produced laser pointers other than pens and key ring cat toy lasers.

Here in my country they are averagely uncommon, and hard to find so they are kind of expensive
It doesn't matter what Country you are in.
In Country reseller shops don't bother with them because it is a waste of time and no money to be made for the risks involved.
They are available on eBay and many other resellers for $7 to $10 including shipping all over the internet to anyone in any Country by mail from China where all of them are factory made by the 10s of thousands.

Best advice is to return the one you have for refund or replacement per post #4 or just buy another one or several if you want to experiment with cleaning or fixing the pointer you have which will cost more than a new one and probably cleaning will not work because of the cheap plastic lens.
Don't expect much for the retail price and costs less than a good cup of coffee to make.

Last edited:

LaseGeek

Exactly.
301 and 303s are the most widely sold and lowest cost throw away quality mass produced laser pointers other than pens and key ring cat toy lasers.

It doesn't matter what Country you are in.
In Country reseller shops don't bother with them because it is a waste of time and no money to be made for the risks involved.
They are available on eBay and many other resellers for $7 to $10 including shipping all over the internet to anyone in any Country by mail from China where all of them are factory made by the 10s of thousands.

Best advice is to return the one you have for refund or replacement per post #4 or just buy another one or several if you want to experiment with cleaning or fixing the pointer you have which will cost more than a new one and probably cleaning will not work because of the cheap plastic lens.
Don't expect much for the retail price and costs less than a good cup of coffee to make.
It actually does matter, I'm in algeria,where paypal doesn't work, and it's a pain in the ahh crack to get a visa or Mastercard and they are tricky to fill w money, and some websites don't have shipping to algeria or its very expensive

GSS

Try this place. I don't see any 303 style but theres plenty of cheap priced 532 to choose from. $15 and less.
The inners are really all the same..