Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gamer Thread: What are your games?

ARG

The problem with three monitors is that there's few games you can play it on, and fewer games that look decent on it :p

Black ops is great on three monitors. Near 360 deg field of view. No one sneaks up on me :p

Err, guys, you have both a screenshot and a photo - I have only two monitors, actually.

One is 8 years old 22" 1680x1050 ACER, another is God-forsaken old 19" 1280x1024 I took from my dad, because the last time he fired up his computer was during the last Cretacious. As in, period.

So no multi-monitor gaming for me, actually. I don't have too much horsepower to run multimonitor games anyway.

I just game on 22" monitor, while 19" usually is there for my playlists or email notifications or temperatures and performance monitoring.

P.S. I am also absolutely trolling about Minecraft and KSP. I can understand why other people find them fun, you don't have to defend any points. It's just not for me. If I don't have time to game, then I don't have time to game. That doesn't translate into "15 minutes of whatever game" for me.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Anybody know of a way to get a Nintendo 3DS for less than 150 dollars? I am trying to get one so I can play zelda and pokemon games. Maybe the occasional Sonic game. Or Bravely Default.

I'm pretty sure my brother was playing 3DS games emulated on a PC. Some Yu-Gi-Oh games if I'm not mistaken or whatever.

Point is, I think there's an emulator.

I mean heck, if there're X360 and PS3 emulators available... :D

Just started borderlands 2 over the weekend. Not really thrilled with it. Maybe it's just the beginning that's dragging a bit, but the whole, go there, kill, come back thing is getting old fast. Aside from that, still spending a bit of time on skyrim. Thinking of replaying oblivion. Despite having a bunch of games I haven't touched yet.

Last edited:
Just started borderlands 2 over the weekend. Not really thrilled with it. Maybe it's just the beginning that's dragging a bit, but the whole, go there, kill, come back thing is getting old fast. Aside from that, still spending a bit of time on skyrim. Thinking of replaying oblivion. Despite having a bunch of games I haven't touched yet.

Borderlands 2 is insanely fun really fast after the long-ass intro and first few locations, really.

Also, it's 3x more fun in co-op mode, so get somebody over in LAN ASAP.

If you wanna refresh your Skyrim experience, go with these
T3nd0s Skyrim Redone at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

RCRN - Weather, HDR Lighting and Shaders overhaul for Skyrim

Aside from some new weaponry (very lore friendly, though, and very well done),

Those are the only two mods I have in my Skyrim installation, and I can't even imagine the game without them. They make the original game seems like early Beta release.

Guild wars 2 and have been playing since it came out. I do own a ps3 and love anything grand turismo ,lol and a 10.1 galaxy tab 2 . My computer is a i7 4930k, asus p9x79 motherboard ,32 gb ram,h110 corsair liquid cooled , 3 gtx 780ti video cards, 2 Samsung evo ssds etc. I built it to be seriously gamer friendly but really use it for some cad and video editing which it does like a champ.

Ok, I was really exited for that game to come out any everything. I was hooked on it for maybe a couple weeks. I dinged level 80, got all exotic gear (or whatever they call it) and I was bored. There was a lot of stuff with the game I did not like. Maybe some of those issues have been changed.

But with WoW for example, I hate the leveling part (some people love it). But what I like doing is reaching level cap, and then gearing the shit out of your toon. As far as I know you dont do stuff like that on Guild wars 2.

DJNY

Anybody know of a way to get a Nintendo 3DS for less than 150 dollars? I am trying to get one so I can play zelda and pokemon games. Maybe the occasional Sonic game. Or Bravely Default.

Sold mine with following games in top-notch shape for $200 about 1 year ago, so I´m sure you´ll also get just the device for $150. The yellow titles are full recommendations. Super Mario 3D Land was the first game I played where you needed the 3D for solving some parts.

3DS Spiele: Mario Kart 7 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
The Legend of Zelda 3D (OoT)

Dead or Alive 3D
Splinter Cell 3D
Resident Evil 3D Ltd. Edition mit Schiebepad

DS Spiele: Goldeneye 007

NES Titel : Metroid
Mario&Yoshi
Balloon Flight
Ice Climber
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda 2
Wrecking Crew
Open Tournament Golf
Donkey Kong Jr.
Super Mario Bros.

GO Series : Dark Spirits
10 Second Run

GameBoy Advance : Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones
Wario Land 4
F-Zero
The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Kirby & die wundersame Spiegelwelt
Yoshi's Island Super Mario Advance 3
Metriod Fusion
WarioWare
Mario Kart Super Circuit

weitere Titel : Bomberman
Zelda: Four Swords
Pac-Man

Had about 400 hours on my 3DS and it looked and worked still like on the first day I bought it.

Borderlands 2 is insanely fun really fast after the long-ass intro and first few locations, really.

Also, it's 3x more fun in co-op mode, so get somebody over in LAN ASAP.

If you wanna refresh your Skyrim experience, go with these
T3nd0s Skyrim Redone at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

RCRN - Weather, HDR Lighting and Shaders overhaul for Skyrim

Aside from some new weaponry (very lore friendly, though, and very well done),

Those are the only two mods I have in my Skyrim installation, and I can't even imagine the game without them. They make the original game seems like early Beta release.

I'll continue with borderlands 2... not giving up after just 3 hours of gameplay. Hopefully it's just the first bit that's slow.

For skyrim I have ~50 different mods loaded onto it, and they do make a huge difference in how the game appears. Not the weather, but basically every mod for sounds, and for appearance. Without them the game seems horribly bland.

The multiplayer version is coming soon. Really looking forward to that :p

Oh i forget to mention.

Mirror's Edge 2 eh?

Mirror's Edge 2 Trailer (HD) - YouTube

I also forget to mention that i hate League of Legends.
That game turns people into no-lifes. (i know people)

And i will be one BF4 all day today add me I am -AWP-K0R34N Make sure you get the letters/numbers right it is -AWP-K(zero)R(three)(four)N.

:beer:
-Matt

Titanfall beta is put for xbone. It's legit but in reality its just another halo, cod deal

Sent using Tapatalk.

Titanfall beta is put for xbone. It's legit but in reality its just another halo, cod deal

Sent using Tapatalk.

Meh. Don't fix it it ain't broke.

They wanted a fast paced FPS. There are only ever so much ways you can solve the input and feedback, and fewer which work best to satisfy the player.

They do have some more exotic components, but nothing we've never seen, though. It's really not much of a "novelty" they claim it to be.

With that said, not really sure why it's hyped up that much.

Where's all the Dark Souls 2 hype?

Dude we all already know what Titanfall is. Ignoring the fact that we've already talked about it in this thread, this wouldn't be much of a gamer thread if we didn't know what it is :D

And yeah, no thanks. It boasts powerful multiplayer experience at the cost of singleplayer campaign.

I will take a well designed NPC as my squadmate over human player any day of the week. Mass Effect got me spoiled in that department I guess.

Problem is, with human controlled characters, people always control their characters the same - like a character, in a game, which isn't real.

NPCs represent people within the fictive universe. More believability that way.

In other words - I want singleplayer campaigns, not multiplayer rocket fests.

In other words - I want singleplayer campaigns, not multiplayer rocket fests.

^I love a well-made campaign story. Back in the day, campaign mode always looked much better too.

I rarely game, no new games, and don't really care much to go through the campaigns of games I've played myriad of times. So, I just play a round or two of play4free whenever I want to feel nostalgic of my gaming past for a few seconds, followed shortly by feelings of anger and hatred towards these damned kids on crack these days.