Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Pocket Mini Build Kit! - Easy Assembly!

Metric

Yeah it's simply great, Jay.

What I like best is the "size efficiency" of the thing. If I'm running a blu-ray or even a 445 in the vicinity of half a watt, there's simply no need to be carrying around a "laser brick." It's just perfect for that kind of power level -- no bigger or clunkier than it has to be -- it is immediate to understand its popularity.

jayrob

It's a sweet little build, glad you like it!

rolf, I sent your Pocket Mini Chrome kits, Key Chain 10280 kits, and other items today. (Wednesday)

Hope you like the kits!

jayrob

38pedacos, I'm sending your Chrome Pocket Mini 'Hot' option kit and other items today. (Friday)

Thanks!

jayrob

coldice, I sent your Pocket Mini 'Hot' option kit with 405-G-1 glass lens today. (Thursday)

Hope you like it!

Got the pocket mini kit today which was a bit of a surprise (shipped to Australia). Great host and easy to assemble even with basic building experience. Put a 6x blu ray in it and its working great, the only problem I’ve have was burning the couch behind me wile taking photos oh and my arms :p.

Heres some pics

P1130266.jpg

P1130273.jpg

jayrob

rhd, I sent your Pocket Mini Chrome kit today. (Friday)

Thanks!

Last edited:

jayrob

chermst, I'm sending your Pocket Mini 'Hot' option kit today. (Tuesday)

Thanks!

jayrob

Sure no problem...

There are options for the heatsink. Sending PM...

I got my pocket mini "Hot Option" kit from Jayrob yesterday and was very excited to get it built. My new favorite wavelength that I have started building is 405. Jayrob set my driver to 385 mA and I decided to turn his pocket mini kit into a Pocket Rocket mini so I decided to use a Lite-on 12x diode harvested from a sled. I also got the tritium option which makes it even better to lase with at nite :) and to top it all off has one of Jay's 405-G-1 lense kits with a little GITD kustom fit dust cap. Needless to say this is one awesome little kit :D beamshot was taken in direct light with no smoke ;) LPM'd the output of this little bluray rocket at 511mW :)

Thanks again Jay :beer:

-Mike

pocketmini2.jpg

beamshotpocketmini1.jpg

Last edited:

jayrob

Thanks for posting back...

Glad you like the kit! :)

Update: V5 FlexDrive Thermal Glued Option:

If you want to use a V5 FlexDrive, there is room to mount the driver inside the pill, thermal glued upside down as shown:

Pocket mini V5 thermal.jpg

You must specify when ordering the kit if this is your preference. I can do the 'Hot' option like this as well. Just let me know! :)

If just ordering a basic kit (no 'Hot' option), and you do not want the pill drilled, it will be $5 dollars less, because I do not have to take the pill apart and then drill it out. You will be removing your stock driver components, and installing your driver...

jayrob

what is the Press fit heatsink design option
do i need a copper heatsink for 50mw output-i dont think so?
and does the AixiZ module come with a lens
will these batterys suffice
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

and will this diode work
PHR-805 HD diode OEM 405nm !!! HIGH POWER !! [PHR805] - $16.99 : StoneTek Electronics, Your Laser Parts Store

sorry im new

For 50mW's, it will not get hot easily. So you don't need to get upgrades like the copper heatsink or the press fit design. Just a normal aluminum heatsink fit for an AixiZ module is fine.

Probably around 80mA's setting...

Those diodes you showed are good. This is the violet (blu-ray) diode. If available pre-installed into an AixiZ module with lead wires soldered on, it will be a very easy assembly into one of my 'Hot' option kits. (driver installed and current set)

You can also get PHR and other diodes from modwerx.com or hightechdealz.com

Yes those batteries will fit...

Last edited: