Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone have an aurora gp?

Switch

murrat said:
http://www.dragonlasers.com/catalog/Aurora-GP-price0-p-1-c-271.html

Dragonlasers has a pulsed laser for power hungry laser enthusiasts.
I am curious how it performs as it is a pulsed and very powerful.
Does any of LPF member have it?
I also couldn't find any user movies at youtube.

There should be a video from dragonlasers or dragonlasersfanman on youtube.
I didn't see anyone here talk about it cause most of them go with the x-series CW.

Razako

Pulsed is basically a ripoff because the laser is only on for a certain percent of the time. A 60mw pulsed laser would probably only be the equivalent of 30mw cw.

murrat

Razako said:
Pulsed is basically a ripoff because the laser is only on for a certain percent of the time.  A 60mw pulsed laser would probably only be the equivalent of 30mw cw.  
Equivalent of 30mW at what? burning? visibility?
What is wrong with a pulsed laser? If it burns better and more visible than it's not a ripoff!

Razako

murrat said:
[quote author=Razako link=1204459539/0#3 date=1204478426]Pulsed is basically a ripoff because the laser is only on for a certain percent of the time. A 60mw pulsed laser would probably only be the equivalent of 30mw cw.
Equivalent of 30mW at what? burning? visibility?
What is wrong with a pulsed laser? If it burns better and more visible than it's not a ripoff! [/quote]
Perhaps I said that a bit wrong. Not all pulsed lasers are ripoffs but they can be if you don't know the actual % of the time they are on.

Here is a quote regarding pulsed lasers from the optotronics website.
The RPL-Blue laser provides true continuous output of it's rated power, not the cheaper and less powerful
Q-switched type that is rated at the peak power of a beam that is switched on & off with a duty cycle of typically 50% or less."
http://www.optotronics.com/b-lithium-ion.php

MERC

At the same mw cw will be more visible and burn better.