Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batteries

IMHO it is always smarter to look here at LPF before looking to buy elsewhere.
We do not allow the bad sellers stay long.
some of the parts needed to build your own laser can be gotten also from Lifetime17 Rich

be very careful with Li-Ion batts --never get them wet or discharge below IIRC 3vdc.
cheap chargers are not smart chargers-- some catch fire if left on w/ batts for TOO LONG.
For $9usd you can get & keep charger most anywhere and it stops charging for you so kinda OK to store some batts in these intelligent chargers. do not allow children or pets 'play' with batts. never put in fire--

enjoy lasers but be safe

hak

Just a question, why are you asking about batteries in "Optics"?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
The absolute minimum is between 2.5-2.8v depending on quality. Any battery reduced lower can still be salvaged but depending how long it's been discharged it will have reduced capacity. Some lower quality batteries will over heat when trying to recover them and in that case are not safe for use. Unless you can charge them with a charger that can be set to max charge below 4v.
There's some medpack battery modules that I have with this very characteristic. I don't trust them enough to sell nor to use but I can't just bring myself to throw them out just yet.
I don't have a charger that you can set max charge voltage so maybe I should get that and use it just for these particular batteries.
A nice guy on PL actually sent me these so it's how I know about them.
Surprisingly a lot of lithium ion batteries can be recovered and used when at 1v for an extended period of time which I found interesting. These are usually batteries that have been in med packs and modem battery packs where they sit on shelves for years. I'd trust depleted quality batteries any day over cheap crap brand new batteries.

Oh geez sorry for the jibberjabber heh
I buy from these guys as much as I can. Best way to get second hand batteries.

Last edited:
I was looking into AW batteries recently. I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere in a while and I couldn't find any for sale. I came across a post on a flashlight forum that said they are no longer in business.