Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

808nm optics. collimators, cylindrical lenses

atomd

Hi,
I'm basically trying to collimate and shape a 808nm beam to pump Nd:YAG, but all quotes for optics I got were outrageous.

kecked

Plane ar coated optics should work at 800nm. There may be a small loss so check for heat if you’re in the 10w plus range but I’d try that first. Most coatings run 400-700. Since they are cheap try it. Looks like it rises to like 5% at 800

Well if you have t cyl and a pair of lens that would be 20% so maybe not. Depends how much power you have to loss

atomd

Plane ar coated optics should work at 800nm. There may be a small loss so check for heat if you’re in the 10w plus range but I’d try that first. Most coatings run 400-700. Since they are cheap try it. Looks like it rises to like 5% at 800

Well if you have t cyl and a pair of lens that would be 20% so maybe not. Depends how much power you have to loss
LD + collimator is like $40. 20% loss forces me to add like 2 more diodes to the setup and align optics better to squize into the cavity

atomd

Anamorphic prism pair or cylindrical lens pair with f=+40 i f=-4 (or something close to make ~x10 telescope in reasonable space). Additionally, I'm looking for a bunch of collimators, preferably M9. And lens with focal length around 40mm.