Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm From LaserLandAustralia

diachi

Guys... This might explain some things...

In April AC Lasers made this post:

y4W9IJ3.png

Dan Briggs, one of the guys involved with AC Lasers/developing these units mentioned that they'd be affordable and available in high powers. He also mentioned that these units were not OPSL, as we're used to seeing with 577.

Perhaps this is related and ~577nm are now here...?

Very interesting thread, Mosc007. Wish I had gotten in on this back when it was open. Thanks for showing the head and the driver. It does look like inexpensive Chinese technology. I certainly understand not being able to capture the color with your camera. With new wavelengths popping up all the time, it happens to me all the time.

Anyone up to contacting that alibaba seller and setting up a GB if it's real?

If they end up listing 575nm, definitely count me in for a GB. Too late for 565nm for me.

The linewidth seems really wide for a DPSS laser... does it have a lot of speckle to it or just a little? Wondering if its the spectro or if it's really just that wide :thinking:

Hopefully in the near future we will see more of these 565's. It seems odd he won't be getting any more.

It is unique. But from the wide bandwidth they would have no commercial or medical use. Seems like it was more of an experiment than anything else. Agreed about them being some cheap chinese tech. The wide bandwidth shows they were poorly made.

Even stranger. He claims the next ones will be 575nm. I am sure many of us here will be ready to jump on them.

We may never know the facts behind these couple of 565's. The only thing that is certain, They are real.

I don't want to diss-assemble it just to prove it is a DPSS laser. The voltage and current are enough proof for me it's using an IR pump diode.

I do think it's more than coincidence the Macquarie University in Aus did a paper in chinese about ND:SFAP which happens to be the only known source to create a 565nm DPSS laser.

I do wish one of my Camera's could reproduce the color correcly. That leaves a hole in the proof it is 565nm.

The other unit shipped to the U.S. will be tested soon. I have no doubt he will confirm my findings.

Last edited:
^ I've yet to find something my camera doesn't pick up correctly. Tomorrow I'll have something to show in that department

If they end up listing 575nm, definitely count me in for a GB. Too late for 565nm for me.

The linewidth seems really wide for a DPSS laser... does it have a lot of speckle to it or just a little? Wondering if its the spectro or if it's really just that wide :thinking:

The wide bandwidth did come as a surprise. It's not normal for DPSS.

I don't think it's the Spectro as my 473nm has a very narrow bandwidth.

Speckle, Yes. A huge amount. I clearly noticed it when I aimed the beam onto white paper to try and capture the color correctly.

Last edited:
The wide bandwidth did come as a surprise. It's not normal for DPSS.

I don't think it's the Spectro as my 473nm has a very narrow bandwidth.

Speckle, Yes. A huge amount. I clearly noticed it when I aimed the beam onto white paper to try and capture the color correctly.

Hm. Usually speckle goes up as the line width goes down. It could very well be the spectro, depending on how it was calibrated.

I really hope your camera can recreate the color correctly. I am diss-appointed I coudn't.

My old camera couldn't pick up 561nm correctly back when I had that wavelength. The color had to be corrected before I uploaded the pics back then. Even if for some reason the new one doesn't, I'll just correct them before uploading them here.

I have been trying to find that seller on eBay, but can't seem to find anything on him. Could one of you give me something he has for sale now, so I can get to him by the item number? :thanks:

Hm. Usually speckle goes up as the line width goes down. It could very well be the spectro, depending on how it was calibrated.

I have only seen speckle once before when I received the 473nm. It was very low power. Maybe my judgment is biased based on the speckle from a 0.5mw laser. On the 25mw it seemed much more.

Still could be the spectro. I will calibrate my second one and see how it looks on it.

Thanks for the link. I have managed to contact him now. But, considering how many people are interested in these lasers I might get priced out of the ball park. How's that for a mixed metaphor? :crackup:

Thanks for the link. I have managed to contact him now. But, considering how many people are interested in these lasers I might get priced out of the ball park. How's that for a mixed metaphor? :crackup:

Haha. Give it a go.

I don't believe this guy is what he appears to be. Selling on ebay is a sideline. He has been on there for years but not many sales.

I will be cautious then. But, you got your 565nm for a good price and it is what he claimed, right? I would hope it works out, but I have all the equipment necessary to tell the difference. ;)

Nexgen

Look what kind of response I got from alibaba seller. Fingers crossed

WoILld.png

wlouLf.png

Last edited: