Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

16x BDR-209 build by Crazlaser

2di4raq.jpg

I wanna start by saying i only used my flash in this picture cuz my camera is crappy and that was the best way to show off the purple anodized aluminum heat sink. Crazlaser built this in a C6 host with a 3-element lens and it's case negative with two button top 18350 cells to power it. As the title says, it has the 16x BDR-209 diode in it and is being driven at 530ma. This little sucker is 850mw and would be sure to get more with a g2 lens but I'm in love with the divergence and burning range with the 3-element lens :) My last BDR-209 build burnt out quickly but the builder i got it from drove it at .81A which I've leaned is way too much stress on those BDR's. I think Crazlaser's 530ma driver was a way better idea and i also think that should give me a way better life on this laser. He ran it for a minute and a half to check duty cycle for me and said it barely was getting warm after that so that sounds pretty solid to me :) The single mode beam profile still awes me no matter how many times I've seen one and the visibility puts my half watt 405nm to shame. Thank for for an A++ build Crazlaser!

BobMc

ran it for a minute and a half to check duty cycle for me and said it barely was getting warm after that

Ran it for a minute and a half!!! At least I know where all that smoke is coming from in the horizon. :D. Enjoy that guy and don't burn down the neighborhood. :)

Last edited:
Ran it for a minute and a half!!! At least I know where all that smoke is coming from in the horizon. :D. Enjoy that guy and don't burn down the neighborhood. :)

Holy crap i didn't even realize i was burning the wall behind me XD i didn't even notice that smoke in the pic til you said that!! I promise to keep it away from gas stations!

BobMc

Holy crap i didn't even realize i was burning the wall behind me XD i didn't even notice that smoke in the pic til you said that!! I promise to keep it away from gas stations!

Beautiful unit you got there, hope you get some nice long life, you should, 530ma's is good. But thanks for keeping it away from gas stations, we all thank you . ( I bet the owner of the gas station does to! ) heee

Last edited:
That's such a good picture. I've never been able to image 405nm lasers well. Thanks for the good mention Zach. :)

:beer:

Last edited:
That's such a good picture. I've never been able to image 405nm lasers well. Thanks for the good mention Zach. :)

:beer:

I definitely got lucky with how much violet i picked up in that pic! Pretty much all my other ones look blue lol. Oh i ordered the extended purple anodized focusing knob to compliment the purple heatsink you used; it's gonna look dope! Thank you again for an awesome build brotato chip!