Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to buy good 18650s in EU/netherlands?

Benm

I'm looking to buy some decent quality cells, preferably from a seller in western europe so that they can be shipped over land avoiding any restrictions on air mail of these things.

Do you know of any reputable vendors around these parts that charge reasonable rates for products and shipping?

I don't need anything super fancy, but just some non-fake branded unprotected 18650 cells.

There are some dutch stores offering them, but i'm not 100% sure they sell the real deal, so any experiences would be welcome.

Yeah, I don't know of any either. Seems like there must be a source, but from here it is difficult to evaluate their authenticity.

Benm

The latter is the problem indeed. There are plenty of domestic shops selling these cells and shipping domestically as well. I have no idea where they source their products from though, so there is always the risk of getting some imitation even if the shop doesn't even know they are selling fakes.

Another issue is that even if they are selling fakes they might get very few complaints about that if they are decent ones. If they are a bit short on capacity (not as bad as the sand filled things, just inferior cells) users aren't that likely to notice.

I need some that can deliver a good amount of current though: imitation cells will not work at all, not just result in a lower runtime.

I did get some genuine Panasonic cells on eBay several years ago. I don't believe they originated in the US, so you might be able to find some good genuine cells there still. They were flat tops. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Benm

I know some reputable sellers based in the US, but the problem is that they no longer ship those cells by airmail anymore. I'm not sure why exactly as chinese vendors seem still happy to do so, but i guess there are some regulations in the US preventing sending them by air.

I guess i'll just get the from a domestic vendor and pay a bit/lot extra, at least that'd give me consumer rights protection to return them for a refund if they do not meet advertised specifications :)

I have been running all new batteries I get through my Opus BT-C3100 to check for capacity and internal resistance. It is easier than setting up a test jig to run them through and the results have been spot on.