Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What music does LPF listen to?

What music do you listen to

• Rock

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Rap

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Country

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Dubstep / techno / rave

Votes: 65 43.0%
  • metal

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • hip hop

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Other

Votes: 53 35.1%

• Total voters
Hey OVNI, I dug around trying to find that song but I came across this instead. Any zep fans might want to read this ... All 74 Led Zeppelin Songs, Ranked -- Vulture

Or they may not. I don't agree with many of the comments from the guy who wrote that article, the songs are way out of order from what they should be. He does rank Kashmir at #1, I am not sure if I disagree with that, I would certainly place it in their top five.

Alan

OVNI

Ted Nugent!!!!! OVNI, I would have thought you would have posted this one. :crackup:

Alan

I'm curious what he would actually do with a cat. On second thought, I don't want to think about it. Oops, too late. Found this article titled "NUGENT: The time for kitty killing has come" :scared:

Who knew that crazed look was (also) the Ted Nugent of things to come. Politics aside, I did like his music. :pop:

Hey OVNI, I dug around trying to find that song but I came across this instead. Any zep fans might want to read this ... All 74 Led Zeppelin Songs, Ranked -- Vulture

Thanks LC. Still looking for it. I must have heard it on a different station than I thought. The playlist I looked at doesn't have it and I'm sure of the date/time.

... He does rank Kashmir at #1 ...

Alan

That takes me back. Everytime I hear Kashmir, the scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High comes to mind, Damone's special five-point plan.

True to form, Ratner plays something else, not "Stairway to Heaven" Damone was shooting for. Still one of their great songs nonetheless.

Last edited:
Well, well, well, Pi R Squared likes Led Zep, who knew!!!! :) :D
That's great. My musical taste is usually the heavier the better but I am not a fan of doom or death metal :p

led zep covers by my favorite singer

man I hope Tool comes out with something this year, been a decade now
at least there's a new amon amarth album to look forward to, these guys are pretty unmistakable if you're a metal fan

Last edited:
Here's a less known band, I like their sound and the guitarist plays like a man possessed.

OVNI

Today I heard a pretty good rendition of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" that I've never heard before (voice kinda sounded like Ozzie but I doubt it was him).

I searched a local radio station for "Whole Lotta Love" and found these. I had no idea that there were that many covers. I believe Kevin DuBrow (Quiet Riot) was the singer in the version I heard. He sounds a lot like to Ozzy to me (Black Sabbath was another staple when I grew up) and a little bit like Alice Cooper. This version isn't exactly like the one I heard a couple days ago but it's very close. Maybe DuBrow did another one.

Edit: Guess it was Alice Cooper after all. Playing with the Hollywood Vampires.

Last edited:
Those are two pretty good covers. You are correct, good songs sure do have tons of covers.
Rock on!!!!! \m/ 0(>_<)0 \m/

Alice Cooper?! That makes me think back to when I first started listening to music. I am temped to go find School's Out and post it. :crackup: I won't bother unless someone requests it. I never liked school and I guess that's why I liked that song. I am going to dig up some really old ones and see how many here remember them. I will be really old tomorrow if I live another day, am busy now but will find some more tonight when I have more time. Let's start with these:

Anyone remember those?

Alan

You want old .....
I have this 45!! One of the first "hard" songs I listened to on my parents zenith console stereo :) :D :D
(this is not my video)

OVNI

Is this the video you're going for?

old farts .. lol :p:

YsoqYTZ.gif

And this was hot in its day. And I was only 8 when I saw my first CFM boots.

Another old favorite but relatively long. Not as long as Pink Floyd's Meddle but equally mesmerizing to me. I used to listen to this on flights from the east to west coast a lot. Now this is real classic rock in my book.

Last edited:
You want old .....
I have this 45!! One of the first "hard" songs I listened to on my parents zenith console stereo :) :D :D

:crackup: We had a console stereo too, I don't think it was Zenith, I think it was Magnavox, was so big and heavy it took two people to move it, and all it did was play records, probably cost a fortune at the time.

Here's a couple more really old ones, anyone remember them?

Here is Bobbie Gentry performing "Ode To Billie Joe" live on the Smothers Brothers show, anyone remember that?

Alan