Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What even is this?

Hmmmmm interesting. I kinda want one if they were cheaper. Cool find though ElectricPlasma :D

I wonder,
Is it like an expander? Is it focusable? The text on the description is illegible on my phone. Would be sweet if so

Dcrets

Says 20mw 532nm. One hand adjustment of beam diameter and intensity. So a built in beam expander as VV says?

It would seem so. But I'm just completely lost, what would make this thing cost $230? Sure even with glass optics and a 30mW DPSS module, it wouldn't be anything more than $100 and even that would be high due to the built in expander, would be a really interesting product and a considerable purchase if it were cheaper.

Dcrets

I agree. The pamphlet pics they include show a price of $350 plus shipping, even worse. Like you said, for less than a hundred might be worth a shot but not at that price.

It's a 20mw 532 with a zoom focus, it may be nicely made but not worth that price. Besides red would be better to preserve our natural night sight.

Last edited:
It's a 20mw 532 with a zoom focus, it may be nicely made but not worth that price. Besides red would be better to preserve our natural night sight.

If the price wasn't so freaking high I would say it would be cool to take it apart and mod it with a more powerful diode.

Theres actually some better looking and a little cheaper items such as this on ebay. I messaged them and offered to do a review of thier product here, which may result in sales. Figured it was worth a try...lol we'll see...

Edit:
This is it ebay item #271717218544

Edit 2:
Found one for $80 with $30 shipping

Last edited:
Extra cost due to waterproofing-optics- and nitrogen inside to prevent fogging- and the mounting gear-AR coated-- these things add up BUT also know that many hunters spend thou$ands on hunting trips and anything that helps bag a trophy seems important and a worthwhile btw it appears to be a green laser 'flashlight' not a pointer- makes seeing via your scope much better..you still do the 'aiming' w/ your scope's crosshairs, as there will be no 'spot'.

Last edited:
Hey Len... Looks like the Last Post was
over 2 years ago... :beer:

Jerry

oops!
totally missed that -- wonder why it was there.. (in new posts)-- my bad

old thread- do not post unless you must