Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UV handheld lasers

Cressa

So I've been looking around for a good UV or near-UV laser, and was wondering what experiences people have, and if anyone here would know what's best on a budget of under $50? Any wavelength that's between 420nm and 20nm is fine. Particularly trying to find something 100+mw, and not fragile, no plastic unless fairly remarkable.

Sowee7

just get a 405nm diode, very easy, they cost like $5 for 50mw and you can get them for free if you find a blu ray optical disc writer

Cressa

just get a 405nm diode, very easy, they cost like $5 for 50mw and you can get them for free if you find a blu ray optical disc writer
I could, but I don't trust myself to build something that isn't a fragile abomimation without some kind of kit, lol.

Wow, try searching, it works well.

First item on eBay, took 5 sec - blue laser - popped up all kinds of 405 lasers

Cressa

Wow, try searching, it works well.

First item on eBay, took 5 sec - blue laser - popped up all kinds of 405 lasers
I was just looking for recommendations from enthusiasts and collectors, some eBay lasers have reputations regarding durability, power, and safety. :p

Cressa

Thanks for all the recommendations, any opinions on Sanwu's 100mw violet 304 laser?

Sanwu has a good rep around these parts. Podo is a member here. Podo can help you very much.