Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tactical 35W HID Laser Flashlight

f22warzone said:
Ok so i have received it today and it is a great light solid build and will do a complete review of it when i get home but  i do have problems

black hid 35W flashlight, have 3 problems
1st their is no adapter from the European or Austrian plug to American plug so i can not charge the battery except by truck
2nd the led lights on the battery do not work but the hid flashlight does
3rd their is no o-ring on the tail cap where it looks to have a grove for one

other then that it is a solid light and very very bright even in the day time.... cant wait till night time... or to see how their customer service is :|
That's strange...I definitely received the US version and the led lights work fine. I will say their customer service is 1st rate. They USPS priority to me the parts I needed ASAP! I should get them tomorrow. Either PM Jason or if you got an email from the other guy email him and he'll take care of you.

I PM Jason so we will see what happens
also if you don't mind can i post my review on this thread so we don't get to many off topic reviews of hid flash lights?

f22warzone said:
I PM Jason so we will see what happens
also if you don't mind can i post my review on this thread so we don't get to many off topic reviews of hid flash lights?
No problem...I don't mind. The more the merrier even if it isn't all good news. Many times honest reviews can make the companies products improve :)

Well i don't have as good of a review like the guy above but lets move on with it

now if the words over illumination or extremely large flash light existed then this light would classify under both of those but since they don't it is ok to buy this light : )

pro's
1 cheapest hid you can get in flashlight form costing 100-300$ on other web sights
2 very good quality, the light just feels like good quality but while being all aluminum and lithium ion its about as heavy as a 4D loaded mag light but feels just as if not more solid
3 customer service rivals that of OPTOTRONICS, their packaging is almost as good and their support would be just as good as jacks, now this is saying something. first as jack ships 1400$ lasers and they only ship 200$ flashlights so you know no damage  is going to come to this light in shipping. second as i said jack deals with 1400$ lasers and they only work with 200$ flashlights now this may mean the parts are cheaper but also they don't profit as much but yet they still provide excellent customer service

cons
the three problems i had

1st the battery i was able to fix, was just a broken connection off the main terminal. tho this was kinda bad it was easy to fix. one thing i noticed while in the battery compartment is that even the battery is of high quality just by looking at the lay out of the board and how neat it was. it was interesting to find out that the 2 out side brass terminals on the battery are always powered no matter if the switch is on or off
2nd the o-ring and charger they are shipping me out tomorrow or today and should receive it in a few days
oh and they offer to replace the battery if i shipped it back to them but i figured not that much could go wrong in a battery that worked so i just took it a part and fixed it my self

well their is my review

Attachments

• 0115091036-00_001.jpg
    0115091036-00_001.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 796
how do you shrink them again?

found paint

Attachments

• 0115091037-00_001.jpg
    0115091037-00_001.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 964
jasonck08 said:
@ WackBag, do you mind if I use some of your beam shots on the website?
No I don't mind. Also thanks for sending out the replacement shoulder strap piece! It arrived in 4 days from when I notified Tactical HID of the problem. Their customer service should be commended :) See picture of it replaced!

Got mine in today!  ;D

DSCN0105-1.jpg

DSCN0106.jpg

DSCN0107.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

DSCN0118.jpg

DSCN0120-2.jpg

;D ;D ;D

Excellent! Great pictures! :) One of the pictures is of the light next to a 3D mag right? Whats the other little light?

That's it.... I have to get one of these.

Jason, will you be selling these for a while?

jasonck08 said:
Excellent!  Great pictures! :)  One of the pictures is of the light next to a 3D mag right?  Whats the other little light?
It is a cheap dealextreme light that is used often for laser hosts. I have one myself.

Ya its a cheap 5w MXDL from DX. there only good for hosts though, the lens/diode quality is realllyyyyyy bad.

great review, man!

and an amazing price for a flashlight this cool!!

bet you played with it as if it were a lightsabre ;)

GooeyGus said:
That's it.... I have to get one of these.

Jason, will you be selling these for a while?

As long as orders keep coming in. ;) We have quite a number of HID lights in stock in our California warehouse that are ready to ship. :)

When are you going to get the 24W HID Flashlights back in stock??? And is there a discount for special customers :D