Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Surprisingly hard to find 555, 573nm goggles

octal

I'm soon going to have 488, 520, 555, 573. The short stuff is easy to find goggles for, but 573 is surprisingly hard. I've found a few but they tend to only be on the much more expensive side -- is that just because it's mostly not diode lasers in that range, and people are price insensitive, or is there some medical or industrial use for that specific 570-590 range which drives up the price, or am I just not searching correctly?

Last edited:

555 is right at the edge for these, but they cover 573.

Yeah, I bought (oh, I can't do links)
those: 190-400 560-640
also: 190-540 + 800-2000

I'll probably get Cascade lseg-bg3 for $230 or so although I'm not sure what frame style is best. They are purple and cover 512-680 OD6+ and 518-677 OD7+ and seem like the appropriate thing for yellow/green.

$$ ouch. But of course, what are your eyes worth?

Yeah, now I don't feel as bad about the laser outsert faceplate for my gas masks being $229 more than the clear/smoke/yellow outserts.

OD6 and OD7 seem like overkill for these wavelengths. What power laser are you thinking of getting? Doubt seriously it approaches even a watt.

Only 50mW! But I didn't find anything else explicitly rated in those wavelengths. I guess the curve is what matters, not the table of specific values.