Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Safety Glasses for Blue Laser

I have a 1300mW 445nm blue laser pointer. I'm looking for some safety glasses for them.

Are these good?
http://www.amazon.com/iRainy-Protec...sr=8-8&keywords=blue+laser+protection+glasses

Don't buy those, I have these myself and they have been tested and are good to at least 2W or so: HDE Laser Eye Protection Safety Glasses for Green and Blue Lasers with Case (Red) - - Amazon.com
Another cheap one that will work is this: Uvex S0360X Ultra-spec 2000 Safety Eyewear, Orange Frame, SCT-Orange UV Extreme Anti-Fog Lens - Safety Glasses - Amazon.com they are not even official laser safety glasses but test have shown they work for UV through blue and start to drop off in green. Once you get into the 2W+ range you better be more careful about safety glasses, the cheap ones may not protect you from a direct hit, be careful that a laser won't roll off a table or slip out of your hand, this is when accidents happen. A better medium priced safety glasses would be these: Eagle Pair® 190-540nm OD6 Slip Over Laser Safety Goggles

Alan

Don't buy those, I have these myself and they have been tested and are good to at least 2W or so: HDE Laser Eye Protection Safety Glasses for Green and Blue Lasers with Case (Red) - - Amazon.com
Another cheap one that will work is this: Uvex S0360X Ultra-spec 2000 Safety Eyewear, Orange Frame, SCT-Orange UV Extreme Anti-Fog Lens - Safety Glasses - Amazon.com they are not even official laser safety glasses but test have shown they work for UV through blue and start to drop off in green. Once you get into the 2W+ range you better be more careful about safety glasses, the cheap ones may not protect you from a direct hit, be careful that a laser won't roll off a table or slip out of your hand, this is when accidents happen. A better medium priced safety glasses would be these: Eagle Pair® 190-540nm OD6 Slip Over Laser Safety Goggles

Alan

Thank you! I'll be sure to buy one of those.