Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Received Sanwu Challenger II 525nm 1.2w. Questions...

Hello everyone.
I just received my Sanwu Challenger II 525nm 1.2w greeny. I love it! Beautifully made and very very bright.
But after receiving it... I started reading threads here and saw that there are different types of lens I could've gotten my laser with it.
When I was ordering my laser I didnt see any options for 3E, G2 or G7.
After reading each lens' characteristics, G7 seems like something I would like on my laser.
Now my question is, installing/swapping my current "standard"(I'm guessing 3E) lens for G7 lens is something I can do on my own? If so, which size do I order?
Thank you.

PS... Sanwu beam expander is on the way... very exciting.
Also, if I order another laser from Sanwu, is there a way to get the laser with G7 already installed?

Last edited:

Hello everyone.
I just received my Sanwu Challenger II 525nm 1.2w greeny. I love it! Beautifully made and very very bright.
But after receiving it... I started reading threads here and saw that there are different types of lens I could've gotten my laser with it.
When I was ordering my laser I didnt see any options for 3E, G2 or G7.
After reading each lens' characteristics, G7 seems like something I would like on my laser.
Now my question is, installing/swapping my current "standard"(I'm guessing 3E) lens for G7 lens is something I can do on my own? If so, which size do I order?
Thank you.

Also, if I order another laser from Sanwu, is there a way to get the laser with G7 already installed?
This laser is put together in sections even though it might look otherwise, unscrew them.
Can't comment on the lenses: it's been 3 years since I purchased a C2, but I think there was a lens choice order option back then.

Last edited:
They used to have lens selection as an option. I bought my first 2 with G7 selected-and requested G7 for my latest (2W 465 nm Challenger2). I also have the 1 W 520 nm.

You can use other lenses besides the ones offered by Sanwu. One that I like a lot is the two element 520nm AR coated lens from DTR. I wonder if the 525nm you got is a decanned diode. I don't buy these as there is no assurance that they will stand the test of time. I built an 1100 mW 520nm NDG7475 in a sinner's MS-SSW-II host not too long ago. One thing I noticed right off is it has the rectangular artifact when using a G2 lens.